Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Falsely accused man says it was St. John Paul II’s intercession that cleared his name 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

Falsely accused man says it was St. John Paul II’s intercession that cleared his name

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Falsely accused man says it was St. John Paul II’s intercession that cleared his name
Falsely accused man says it was St. John Paul II’s intercession that cleared his name Web3-tomasz-komenda-portrait-afp1
AFP

Touched by his story, Pope Francis later embraced Tomasz Komenda in Rome.

It’s an incredible story. In 2000, a 23-year-old Polish man, Tomasz Komenda, was accused of rape and murder of a young 15-year-old girl. Despite his denials, he was found guilty due to scientific “proof” — two experts confirmed that the teeth marks found on the victim’s body matched those belonging to Komenda.

Once in prison, the young man was in a veritable hell. Rapists were harassed, humiliated, and sometimes even tortured by their fellow inmates. And Komenda couldn’t rely on the prison guards to ensure some sort of protection and order. As he explained in an interview with a Polish TV show, they “looked away.”

His prayer to St. John Paul II

As he was unable to convince anyone of his innocence, the young man looked for help elsewhere. Although an unbeliever, he started praying to John Paul II. At the top of his bed, the Polish pope looked at him, smiling, in a photo given to him from his mother. “If you are a saint,” prayed Komenda, “You are in heaven with this girl. If you must take me up there, take me now. If I must be free, let me be free.”

Falsely accused man says it was St. John Paul II’s intercession that cleared his name Web3-tomasz-komenda-portrait-afpAFP

Six months after this cry from the heart, a policeman knocked at his prison cell. He didn’t believe in this young man’s guilt and would help him prove his innocence. After a year of legal disputes Komenda was cleared. “The Holy Father heard me,” he shared joyously. And when he was released in mid-May, he immediately promised to go to Rome to thank John Paul II, at his tomb.

“Only those who keep their word are respected” claims a Polish proverb. And Komenda kept his word. Less than a month after his release from prison he was in St. Peter’s Basilica, surrounded by his mother and father, where he prayed privately in front of the altar where John Paul II is buried.

Pope Francis touched by his story

Komenda was unaware that his story had reached as far as the Vatican. The Papal Almoner, Archbishop Konrad Krajewski, who also happens to be Polish, had got wind of the story. The now freshly-appointed cardinal contacted the family and invited them to accompany him to St. Peter’s Square, where Pope Francis holds his general audience on Wednesdays.

Falsely accused man says it was St. John Paul II’s intercession that cleared his name Web3-tomasz-komenda-pope-poland-prison-release-afpAFP PHOTO | OSSERVATORE ROMANO

Divine Providence has a way of doing things. The family got as far as the pontiff himself, and were asked to say a few words. Touched by what he heard, Francis spontaneously held Komenda in his arms for a long time. He then asked his photographer to take some photos of him with the young man.

The story doesn’t end there. The Komenda family were invited to dine with the then-Archbishop Krajewski. The meal was prepared by a once-homeless man named Enzo, who had also spent many years behind bars. “I will prepare him a feast like he has never had before!” exclaimed the chef.

Falsely accused man says it was St. John Paul II’s intercession that cleared his name Web-pope-john-paul-ii-000_sapa980612554160-afp 

Source: Aletia

Falsely accused man says it was St. John Paul II’s intercession that cleared his name Z
Thank you for reading.  rose

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum