Mrs. Hillary Clinton visits Our Lady of Guadalupe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mrs. Hillary Clinton visits Our Lady of Guadalupe

Post by Our-Lady-Of-Victory on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:17 pm

Date: March 26, 2009

Mexico City - US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Thursday visited the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe and the Federal Police command centre in the second day of her visit to Mexico.

In the morning hours, Clinton went to the religious building, where she heard an explanation of the importance that this statue of the Virgin Mary has for the Mexican people.

She was told about the cloth where her image was printed according to tradition, and about her appearances in apparitions to the indigenous 16th Century Mexican Juan Diego, who was canonized in 2002.

'She was impressed,' said the rector of the basilica, the Reverend Diego Monroy.

The shrine, one of the most visited around the world, has in recent months been visited among others by former US Republican presidential candidate John McCain and by former Colombian presidential candidate Ingrid Betancourt, who thanked the Virgin for her rescue after her release from more than six years in the captivity of leftist Colombian rebels.

Clinton reportedly laid roses and a candle before the 'virgen morenita.'

She then travelled to the neighbourhood of Itzapalapa, in western Mexico City, along with Mexican Public Security Minister Genaro Garcia Luna to visit a modern police command facility that was opened last year.

Later Thursday, she was to travel to the northern Mexican city of Monterrey for the last stage of her two-day trip. There, she is to visit a renewable energy plant and to hold a meeting with students.

On Wednesday, Clinton met with Mexican President Felipe Calderon, with his Foreign Minister Patricia Espinosa and with security officials, in a visit that has focused on joint efforts to contain the drug trade.

In a statement that was considered historic in Mexico, Clinton remarked to reporters Wednesday that the 'insatiable demand' for illegal drugs in the US feeds the drug violence and trade.

Source: www.monstersandcritics.com

---

Lord have mercy on me, a great sinner.

Last edited by Our-Lady-Of-Victory on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prayer to Our Lady of Guadalupe for the unborn

Post by Our-Lady-Of-Victory on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:26 pm

Abortion photo
Source: Priests for Life

A Prayer for Abortion Victims

Prayer for all victims of abortion. May those involved in abortions be reconciled to God and may the innocent dead be saved.

Holy Mother of God and of the Church, our Lady of Guadalupe, you were chosen by the Father for the Son through the Holy Spirit.

You are the Woman clothed with the sun who labors to give birth to Christ while Satan, the Red Dragon, waits to voraciously devour your child.

So too did Herod seek to destroy your Son, Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and massacred many innocent children in the process.
So today does abortion killing many innocent unborn children and exploiting many mothers in its attack upon human life and upon the Church, the Body of Christ.

Mother of the Innocents, we praise God in you for His gifts to you of your Immaculate Conception, your freedom from actual sin; your fullness of grace, your Motherhood of God and the Church, your Perpetual Virginity and your Assumption in body and soul into heaven.

O Help of Christians, we beg you to protect all mothers of the unborn and the children within their wombs. We plead with you for your help to end the holocaust of abortion. Melt hearts so that life may be revered!

Holy Mother, we pray to your Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart for all mothers and all unborn children that they may have life here on earth and by the most Precious Blood shed by your Son that they may have eternal life with Him in heaven. We also pray to your Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart for all abortionists and all abortion supporters that they may be converted and accept your Son, Jesus Christ, as their Lord and Savior. Defend all of your children in the battle against Satan and all of the evil spirits in this present darkness.

We desire that the innocent unborn children who die without Baptism should be baptized and saved. We ask that you obtain this grace for them and repentance, reconciliation and pardon from God for their parents and their killers.

Let there be revealed, once more, in the history of the world the infinite power of merciful love. May it put an end to evil. May it transform consciences. May your Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart reveal for all the light of hope. May Christ the King reign over us, our families, cities, states, nations and the whole of humanity.

O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary, hear our pleas and accept this cry from our hearts!

Our Lady of Guadalupe, Protectress of the Unborn, Pray for us!
praying

--

Last edited by Our-Lady-Of-Victory on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prayer for U.S. National Leaders

Post by Our-Lady-Of-Victory on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:35 pm

Prayer for National Leaders

For those who serve in elected office, that they may lead with courage and wisdom, reflecting the Church’s teaching that the moral test of our society is how the weak, the poor, and the vulnerable are faring, we pray to the Lord. . . .

---

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum