Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin )

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:37 am

trust in him

A retired Canadian couple who won $11.3 million in the lottery in July have already given it (almost) all away.
"What you've never had, you never miss," 78-year-old Violet Large explained to a local reporter.
She was undergoing chemotherapy treatment for cancer when the couple realized they'd won the jackpot in July.
"That money that we won was nothing," her tearful husband, Allen, told Patricia Brooks Arenburg of the Nova Scotia Chronicle Herald. "We have each other."
[Rewind: Lottery winner hits jackpot...four times]
The money was a "headache," they told the paper--mainly, it brought anxiety over the prospect that "crooked people" might take advantage of them. Several people called them out of the blue to ask for money when the news first broke that they'd won the jackpot. So they began an $11 million donation spree to get rid of it and help others, the Chronicle Herald reports:
They took care of family first and then began delivering donations to the two pages' worth of groups they had decided on, including the local fire department, churches, cemeteries, the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, hospitals in Truro and Halifax, where Violet underwent her cancer treatment, and organizations that fight cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes. The list goes on and on.
Violet told the Canadian Press that they retained about 2 percent of the money for a rainy day.
"It made us feel good," Violet told the Chronicle Herald. "And there's so much good being done with that money."
[Rewind: How a secretary made and gave away seven million dollars]
The Nova Scotia couple have been married more than 35 years and quietly saved up the money that Allen made as a welder and Violet made in retail before retiring.
"We haven't spent one cent on ourselves because we've been too busy getting everything looked after and with my health, I have to wait to get my health back to get the energy to do anything," Violet told the National Post. "We're not travelers anyway. We live in the country and we're proud of it. Money can't buy you health or happiness."
Now their neighborhood is abuzz over their good deeds.
"People who know them just know that's the type of people they are—they're just happy to have each other," local restaurant owner Lori Hingley told the Canadian Press.
The prize was in Canada dollars (roughly equal to U.S. dollars at current exchange rates).

Last edited by trust in him on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : change headline)

2TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:41 am

trust in him

The Lord Pray in Cninese
TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) 9zrtx1

3TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:52 am

trust in him

Kung Fu Matrix

4TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:27 am

trust in him

Unusual Animal Friends

5TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:03 pm

Easter-won

Easter-won

I am thankful:

For the wife
Who says it's hot dogs tonight
Because she is home with me
And not out with someone else.

For the husband
Who is on the sofa
Being a couch potato
Because he is home with me
And not out at the bars.

For the teenager
Who is complaining about doing dishes
Because it means she is at home,
Not on the streets.

For the taxes I pay
Because it means
I am employed.

For the mess to clean after a party
Because it means I have
Been surrounded by friends

For the clothes that fit a little too snug
Because it means
I have enough to eat.

For my shadow that watches me work
Because it means
I am out in the sunshine.

For a lawn that needs mowing,
Windows that need cleaning,
And gutters that need fixing
Because it means I have a home.

For all the complaining
I hear about the government
Because it means
We have freedom of speech.

For the parking spot
I find at the far end of the parking lot
Because it means
I am capable of walking,
And I have been blessed with transportation.

For my huge heating bill
Because it means
I am warm.

For the lady behind me in church
Who sings off key
Because it means I can hear.

For the pile of laundry and ironing
Because it means
I have clothes to wear.

For weariness and aching muscles
At the end of the day
Because it means I have been
Capable of working.

For the alarm that goes off
In the early morning hours
Because it means
I am alive.

And finally, for too much e-mail
Because it means
I have friend who is thinking of me.

Poem Kindly sent in by Annick Morris

[ HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERY ONE

6TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:58 pm

jed

Amen.

7TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:25 pm

trust in him

8TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:43 pm

trust in him

9TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:04 pm

trust in him

There is a longing

10TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:54 pm

trust in him

שמע ישראל Sma Israel.

11TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:45 pm

trust in him

Soon and very soon

Hivi karibuni - Soon and very soon

Soon And Very Soon (Mandolin Instrumental)

Andrae Crouch *Soon And Very Soon* "Live"

trust in him

TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) 1494caf

trust in him

TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) 25gyveo

Tamil Nadu, Jan 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Today, a large number of people in Asia and Africa became the witness of the longest solar eclipse of this century.

14TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty WE ARE SAVE Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:17 am

trust in him

Last edited by trust in him on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

15TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty The Carpenters Karen Carpenter-Ave Maria Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:11 am

trust in him

16TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:20 am

trust in him

TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) 2cncmyo

17TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty The Secret is This Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:10 am

trust in him

I have learned there is little I can do in my life that will make me truly happy.

I must depend on God to make me happy and to meet my needs.

When a need arises in my life, I have to trust God to supply according to HIS riches.

I have learned most of the time I don't need half of what I think I do.

He has never let me down. Since I learned that 'Secret' , I am happy.'

We can't depend on people to make us happy. Only GOD in His infinite wisdom can do that.

"Trust IN HIM! "

18TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm

trust in him

WOW, WOW and COOL

[flash][/flash]

19TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:15 am

trust in him

The Last Supper

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
." The Lord continued to appear to her in visions and on December 27, 1673, the feast of Saint John the Evangelist, as she knelt at the grill before the exposed Blessed Sacrament, she experienced a vision in which the Lord told her to take the place that Saint John had occupied at the Last Supper, and that she would act as His instrument. Jesus revealed His Sacred Heart as a symbol of His love for mankind, saying, "My divine Heart is so inflamed with love for mankind ... that it can no longer contain within itself the flames of its burning charity and must spread them abroad by your means." She described that His Heart was on fire and surrounded by a crown of thorns. Our Lord told her that the flames represented His love for humanity, and the thorns represented man's sinfulness and ingratitude. Jesus informed her that her mission was to establish the devotion to His Most Sacred Heart,

20TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty You have giving your life for us....... Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:53 am

trust in him

TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) 309hk44

21TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:25 am

trust in him

22TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:16 am

trust in him

Since I post this video here I think the story below should be here too. I just pick this story up from CNN Belief Blog

Man saved by God, and by dog who says grace
The video was meant to simply make some Facebook friends, and his mother in particular, smile.

Steven Boyd, 39, had taught his dog Djaingo how to "say grace," and one late September morning, camera in hand, he coaxed the sleepy pup out to the living room and into prayer.

Front paws on Boyd's thigh, head bowed, man and dog offered up these words:

Thank you for allowing us to be the man and puppy you've allowed us to be. Father, thank you for our friends and family, their prayers and support and energy that they give us… Father, I do ask a special prayer that you help me to not chase the neighbor's cat and to listen to my master whenever he asks me to do anything.

What began as a post on Boyd's Facebook page was passed on and shared. It's popped up all over YouTube, appeared on numerous other sites, and it even got play on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

But the story behind Djaingo the praying dog is deeper than it is cute.

Boyd found his way to the dog just when they needed each other most.

The man was sick - had been for more than a year and a half - when he strolled into an animal shelter looking for a temporary escape. It was September 10, 2003, the day before the second anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and the memories of that day weighed heavily on him.

For 12 years, Boyd says, he served in the U.S. Army. He says he was, among other things, a sniper, a paratrooper and, subsequently, a counter narcotics operator. He'd been fearless professionally and personally. He'd jumped out of planes, rappelled down cliffs and mountain biked his way across dangerous terrains.

Now, though, he was losing everything. The hospitalizations kept happening. His career was shot. The relationship with the woman he thought he'd marry had ended. The medical questions loomed large. He was dying.

At the pound that day, he simply offered to walk some dogs. He had no plan to adopt an animal. But then, three hours into his visit, his eyes and the dog's locked. He knew, in that instant, they were meant to be together.

The only problem was the dog was already scheduled to die. It was set to be euthanized the following morning. It was too aggressive and could not be trained, the shelter workers insisted. Boyd didn't care.

He begged. He pleaded. And $75 later, the best investment he says he ever made, the duo went home.

The former military man, who lives in Austin, Texas, put that pup through its own boot camp. The dog began to trust his owner, show affection and within six months he'd been transformed. He was happy, loving, sweet.

"He saved my life as much as I saved his," Boyd says.

Along the way, the Australian Cattle Dog was given a proper name - rather than his given name, "Chip." His owner thought back to the time when he'd done some training with the 3rd Royal Australian Airborne. The men had taught him the term "djaingo" – to "go djaingo," Boyd explains, means to go out, get drunk and rowdy, pick up women and have bar fights. And so that tough little dog was named.

Since he first was hospitalized on February 19, 2002, Boyd has struggled. Because of multiple traumatic brain injuries - sustained through military exercises, a car wreck, a rappelling accident and a grenade detonation - he says he suffers from gastroparesis, a paralysis of the gastrointestinal tract. It makes eating and drinking a form of "Russian roulette," he says. It can cause food to sit in his stomach and rot. He has starved himself, unintentionally. For days on end, he can vomit 10 to 15 times an hour. He's broken ribs in the process.

As a result of this illness and repeated, extensive dehydration, he says his weight - 175 when healthy - has dropped to as low as 98 pounds.

By his side, in sickness and in health, has been Djaingo. Boyd's parents live three hours away, and his mother, Cheryl, says she takes solace knowing the dog is there.

He sticks by her son and keeps watch. When Boyd is too sick to take the dog out, he can leave the apartment door open. The dog will run outside on his own "to do his business," she says, and then guard the open door. If her son is in need of medical attention, the dog will alert neighbors.

Having Djaingo has been source of comfort to Boyd. But there was one time when the animal just wasn't enough.

After several days of vomiting four years ago, he thought he'd end it all. He'd had a friend who years ago had committed suicide by drinking Clorox, and from the bathtub's floor, where he was curled up, Boyd eyed the nearby bleach bottle. With the cap off, he prepared to drink.

"I heard it as distinctive as I hear your voice right now," Boyd, his own voice shaking, says by phone to CNN. "I heard, 'Don’t do this.' It was my father God, and I broke down. I get teary-eyed now talking about it."

He'd grown up in a Christian home, "a proverbial 'Leave It to Beaver' family," he says. His dad had been the deacon of their church. His mother is a Sunday school and Bible study teacher. And though Boyd always considered himself Christian, up until that moment he realized he'd been living the Christian life, as an adult, on his own terms.

The debilitating illness that can leave him homebound much of the time, the loss of everything, had in fact saved him, he says.

"It changed everything. I truly feel as if it was God using a 2-by-4, smacking me in the head and telling me to wake up," says Boyd, who described himself as "callous" after his years in the military. "It's softened my heart in so many ways. It's made me realize the things you take for granted in life are sometimes the most important things in life."

He got involved in church. He attends Bible studies when he's able. And as last year's Christmas gift to his mother, who describes herself as a "prayer warrior," he taught Djaingo how to say grace.

"He's a disabled veteran on a very limited income," his mom says. So in lieu of buying each other gifts, she told her son last year that instead they'd "do something, write something or make something" for one another.

What her son and Djaingo did for her touched her heart, she says. And, with the release of the recent video, she's not alone in receiving this gift.

The response has overwhelmed Boyd. He's received more than 5,000 messages from around the globe - including Australia, Russia, Thailand. The friend requests on Facebook have poured in by the hundreds. Djaingo, now with his own Facebook page, is racking up new friends, too.

Boyd has gotten marriage proposals. A grandmother who is going through chemotherapy and lives alone says she watches the video every morning to help her face a new day. A mother whose son has lost faith is hoping that by teaching the dog to pray, her son will feel the connection again, too. Pastors are using the video in sermons.

And all of this, including what it's done for her son, Boyd's mother says, is proof of "God's hand" at work.

"Steven told us he was so lonely. So much of the time, he's apartment-bound. Now he's getting emails from all over the world," she says. "It's given Steven such a boost to his morale. God can take the tiniest thing and use it for good."

Every evening, Boyd and Djaingo say grace together. It's not that the man believes the roly-poly dog, who's actually been mistaken for a pig before, is actually praying. He knows his faithful pet is just doing what he's told so he can get his dinner.

"But it's an affirmation of my faith to have my dog be able to participate," Boyd says. "Who would have thought God would use my fat dog to spread His glory?"
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/21/man-saved-by-god-and-by-dog-who-says-grace/?hpt=C1

23TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty Re: TGFL ( La-La the King Penguin ) Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:17 am

trust in him

A retired Canadian couple who won $11.3 million in the lottery in July have already given it (almost) all away.
"What you've never had, you never miss," 78-year-old Violet Large explained to a local reporter.
She was undergoing chemotherapy treatment for cancer when the couple realized they'd won the jackpot in July.
"That money that we won was nothing," her tearful husband, Allen, told Patricia Brooks Arenburg of the Nova Scotia Chronicle Herald. "We have each other."

The money was a "headache," they told the paper--mainly, it brought anxiety over the prospect that "crooked people" might take advantage of them. Several people called them out of the blue to ask for money when the news first broke that they'd won the jackpot. So they began an $11 million donation spree to get rid of it and help others, the Chronicle Herald reports:
They took care of family first and then began delivering donations to the two pages' worth of groups they had decided on, including the local fire department, churches, cemeteries, the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, hospitals in Truro and Halifax, where Violet underwent her cancer treatment, and organizations that fight cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes. The list goes on and on.
Violet told the Canadian Press that they retained about 2 percent of the money for a rainy day.
"It made us feel good," Violet told the Chronicle Herald. "And there's so much good being done with that money."

The Nova Scotia couple have been married more than 35 years and quietly saved up the money that Allen made as a welder and Violet made in retail before retiring.
"We haven't spent one cent on ourselves because we've been too busy getting everything looked after and with my health, I have to wait to get my health back to get the energy to do anything," Violet told the National Post. "We're not travelers anyway. We live in the country and we're proud of it. Money can't buy you health or happiness."
Now their neighborhood is abuzz over their good deeds.
"People who know them just know that's the type of people they are—they're just happy to have each other," local restaurant owner Lori Hingley told the Canadian Press.
The prize was in Canada dollars (roughly equal to U.S. dollars at current exchange rates).

trust in him

http://www.ap.org/

Tue Dec 14, 9:45 pm ET
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Secret Santa II hit the streets Tuesday in a long-standing Kansas City tradition of handing out $100 bills — sometimes several at a time — to unsuspecting strangers in thrift stores, food pantries and shelters.
Some people gasped in surprise. Some wanted to know if the $100 bill the tall man in the red cap offered was fake. Others wept.
Secret Santa II has seen a lot of reactions since taking over where his mentor, Kansas City's original Secret Santa, Larry Stewart, left off when he died in 2007 at age 58. Like Stewart, who gave away more than $1 million to strangers each December in mostly $100 bills, this Secret Santa prefers to stay anonymous.
A fake white beard taped to his face, Secret Santa II handed out about $10,000 in total Tuesday. Recipients included a police officer with terminal cancer, a homeless man pushing a rickety old shopping cart, an 81-year-old woman who had recently told her 27 grandchildren she wouldn't be able to afford any Christmas gifts, and Bernadette Turner, a 32-year-old unemployed mother of two.
"It's hard to come by," Turner said looking in disbelief at the $200 Secret Santa had given her.
Then one of Santa's "elves" — another tall man in a red cap — sidled up to next to Turner, asked a few questions, and handed her an additional $100. Turner, whose children are 3 and 8, was overcome.
"I can only afford one gift for each child. But now ...." she said, wiping tears from her cheeks and reaching out for a hug.
"Do you believe in Santa Claus?" Capt. Ray Wynn of the Kansas City, Mo., Fire Department, asked from a few feet away. Wynn had followed Stewart on many "sleigh rides" around the country and now follows this Secret Santa, providing stories, memories and amusing sound effects.
"I do now," Turner said. "I do now."
Secret Santa II took over from Stewart about the time the recession hit and the economy went into a tailspin. Like Stewart, this Secret Santa doesn't talk about his own finances, where those $100 bills come from and if — like for so many people now — they've been harder to come by.
Come December, he just fills his pockets with money, dons his red cap and heads out looking for people to make really happy.
He will likely hand out about $40,000 this December. He says he'll go "till the money runs out."
"The recession, unemployment. This is the time you don't want to stop. You don't want to back off," he said.
He walked up to Peggy Potter, 59, of Kansas City, Kan., who was looking at some framed prints at a thrift store. He made some small talk, put his arm around her and within minutes she was crying. Her son died about a year and a half ago. Her husband died in July and her daughter died soon after that.
"I'm just ... today's been a rough day for me, just thinking about my loved ones," she said. "I've been having a hard time paying for all the funerals."
Santa gave her $200, listened more, hugged her, and told her the poster she was holding had special meaning. It was a photo of two hands, one large, one small. Words printed at the bottom could have been written by Secret Santa, the original or the current one.
It said: "Kindness in giving creates love."

And you are showing us your love Secret Santa , and we love your for that too.
Merry Christmas to you.

God Bless

25TGFL     (  La-La the King Penguin ) Empty La-La the King Penguin Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:27 pm

trust in him

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum