Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Several Excerpts From The Diary of St. Faustina Kowalska 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

Several Excerpts From The Diary of St. Faustina Kowalska

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

NeedImprovement

NeedImprovement
Admin

Following are two excerpts from the Diary of St. Faustina  DIVINE MERCY IN MY SOUL. There are still several locations online where this same entire diary can be read for free. Here is a link to one of the sites ( it's a 2.8 MB file in PDF  format which begins to load as soon as you click on the link):

http://www.afterthewarning.com/documents/divine_mercy_diary_of_st_faustina.pdf

The first excerpt recounts an event in St. Faustina's life where her Guardian Angel took her to visit Purgatory:

Shortly after this, I fell ill [general exhaustion]. The dear Mother Superior sent me with two other sisters for a rest to Skolimow, not far from Warsaw. It was at that time that I asked the Lord for whom else should I pray for. Jesus said that on the following night He would let me know for whom I should pray.

[The next night] I saw my Guardian Angel, who ordered me to follow him. In a moment I was in a misty place full of fire in which there was a great crowd of suffering souls. They were praying fervently, but to no avail, for themselves; only we can come to their aid. The flames which were burning them did not touch me at all. My Guardian Angel did not leave me for an instant. I asked these souls what their greatest suffering was. They answered me in one voice that their greatest torment was longing for God. I saw Our Lady visiting the souls in Purgatory. The souls call Her “The Star of the Sea.” She brings them refreshment. I wanted to talk with them some more, but my Guardian Angel beckoned me to leave. We went out of that prison of suffering. (I heard an interior voice which said) "My Mercy does not want this but justice demands it."  Since that time, I am in closer communion with the suffering souls.

Saint Faustina, Divine Mercy in My Soul, Diary, 20

This ensuing exhortation to pray for the holy souls in Purgatory comes directly from our Blessed Lord Himself  . It should help us  to reflect on both how much they suffer and also on the awesome salvific power and resources Jesus puts at our disposal in His desire to share with us His own charity for the holy souls - the power to free souls from Purgatory  and/or to mitigate their suffering. In Christ, we can indeed  ,"Do all things" - as St. Paul says . This  particular quote from our Blessed Lord is also used as the reflection/meditation for Day 8 of the Novena to the Divine Mercy :

(Eighth Day)

Today bring to Me the souls who are in the prison of Purgatory, and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. Let the torrents of My Blood cool down their scorching flames. All these souls are greatly loved by Me. They are making retribution to My justice. It is in your power to bring them relief. Draw all the indulgences from the treasury (64) of My Church and offer them on their behalf. Oh, if you only knew the torments they suffer, you would continually offer for them the alms of the spirit and pay off their debt to My justice.

(The accompanying prayer from the diary has been included)

Most Merciful Jesus, You Yourself have said that You desire mercy; so I bring into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls in Purgatory, souls who are very dear to You, and yet, who must make retribution to Your justice. May the streams of Blood and Water which gushed forth from Your Heart put out the flames of the purifying fire, that in that place, too, the power of Your mercy may be praised. From that terrible heat of the cleansing fire Rises a plaint to Your mercy, And they receive comfort, refreshment, relief In the stream of mingled Blood and Water. Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls suffering in Purgatory, who are enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. I beg You, by the sorrowful Passion of Jesus Your Son, and by all the bitterness with which His most sacred Soul was flooded, manifest Your mercy to the souls who are under Your just scrutiny. Look upon them in no other way than through the Wounds of Jesus, Your dearly beloved Son; for we firmly believe that there is no limit to Your goodness and compassion.

Saint Faustina, Divine Mercy in My Soul, Diary, 1226-1227

"My mercy does not want this, but justice demands it . . . "

hmmm

Several Excerpts From The Diary of St. Faustina Kowalska St_tersa

St Theresa of Avila Interceding For the Holy Souls in Purgatory

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum