Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

The Glories Of Mary  by ST. ALPHONSUS LIGUORI 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Glories Of Mary by ST. ALPHONSUS LIGUORI

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

The Glories Of Mary
by ST. ALPHONSUS LIGUORI

WEDNESDAY
Prayer to Mary most holy to obtain deliverance from hell

OH, my dearest Lady, I thank thee that thou hast so often rescued me from hell: as often as I have 

deserved it through my sins. Oh, miserable sinner, I was already condemned to that prison, and that 

sentence would perhaps have been executed upon me after my first sin if thou hadst not in thy mercy

helped me. Thou wast not even invoked by me, but by thy mercy, alone thou hast restrained the divine 

justice and then subduing my hard-heartedness, hast drawn me to take confidence in thee. And oh, into

how many sins I should have fallen in the dangers to which I have been exposed, if thou, my most 

loving mother, hadst not preserved me by the graces which thou hast obtained for me! Ah, my queen, 

still preserve me from hell. But of what avail will be thy mercy and the favors that thou hast bestowed on

me, if I should be condemned? If once I loved thee not, now, after God, I love thee above everything. 

Ah, do not permit that I should turn my back upon thee and upon God, who, through thee, hath 

dispensed to me so many mercies. My most amiable Lady, do not permit that I should hate and curse 

thee in hell. Wilt thou suffer a servant of thine who loves thee to be lost? Oh Mary, what dost thou say to

me? I shall be lost if I leave thee. But who could have the heart to leave thee? How could I forget the 

love thou hast borne me? My mother, since thou hast done so much to save me, complete the work; 

continue to aid me. Dost thou wish to help me? But what do I say? If thou didst show me so much 

favor when I lived forgetful of thee, how much more ought I now to hope, when I love thee and 

recommend myself to thee! No, he who has recourse to thee is never lost; only he who does not 

recommend himself to thee. Ah, my mother, do not leave me in my own hands, for I shall be lost; make 

me always to have recourse to thee. Save me, my hope, save me from hell; but first from sin, which 

alone can condemn me to hell.

The Glories Of Mary  by ST. ALPHONSUS LIGUORI Blesse10Source: Sensus Fidelium https://sensusfidelium.us/ 

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum