Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: Roman Catholic & Maronite Catholic Church 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: Roman Catholic & Maronite Catholic Church

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: Roman Catholic & Maronite Catholic Church 2aoimg
St. Peter's Square - Vatican City
(The semi circle architecture is a symbol of the arms of the Church embracing you! hug3 )

When I was in Italy I enjoyed participating in the Liturgy of the Latin Mass. The atmosphere in the Basilicas are very holy. The highlight of my pilgrimage was being on my knees in prayer before a crucifix in Mass, preparing my soul to receive the Holy Eucharist.

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: Roman Catholic & Maronite Catholic Church 27x19pc
Altar of St. Peter Basilica

I have a great devotion to St. Padre Pio -- the highlight of his priesthood is Mother Mary and the Messiah, the holy sacrifice of the Mass, and souls. He would daily prepare his soul for the holy sacrifice of the Mass daily starting at 2:00 AM for the 8:00 AM Mass. There was a stark difference between his preparation time and mine. So now I am curious to know how he prepared his soul. If you know, please tell me. I was very blessed to pray and kneel before the incorrupt body of Padre Pio and present you to him. He is a living Saint.

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: Roman Catholic & Maronite Catholic Church J6my2u
Altar in Santa Maria Grazie, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy (St. Padre Pio's Church)

When I came home to the US, the desire to go to a Latin Mass gradually grew in intensity, so I did some internet research. But I also remembered the time I visited a Maronite Catholic Church. We were checking into the co-op school for my daughter Haley and I stepped into the Maronite Church. I never forgot the very holy environment inside the Church..

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: Roman Catholic & Maronite Catholic Church 3536tc7
Our Lady of Maronite Altar -(Note the white curtain on the right and left of the Altar!)

To be continued ..

Easter-won

Easter-won

Thanks for sharing this OLOV.
Rome, So many shed their life so we can have this great Catholic church.
I specially touch with the story of a very young Saint name Philomena.

well to answer your question on how to prepare you soul for the mass, "Rosary pray"
nothing can bring you closer to God than pray and meditate on the Holy Rosary ( that my 2 cents)

St. Pio pray for us.

easter-won

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

nothing can bring you closer to God than pray and meditate on the Holy Rosary

Amen! :rosarynun:
http://www.rosary-center.org/nroscon.htm

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Our-Lady-Of-Victory wrote:The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: Roman Catholic & Maronite Catholic Church 2aoimg
St. Peter's Square - Vatican City
(The semi circle architecture is a symbol of the arms of the Church embracing you! hug3 )

When I was in Italy I enjoyed participating in the Liturgy of the Latin Mass. The atmosphere in the Basilicas are very holy. The highlight of my pilgrimage was being on my knees in prayer before a crucifix in Mass, preparing my soul to receive the Holy Eucharist.

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: Roman Catholic & Maronite Catholic Church 27x19pc
Altar of St. Peter Basilica

I have a great devotion to St. Padre Pio -- the highlight of his priesthood is Mother Mary and the Messiah, the holy sacrifice of the Mass, and souls. He would daily prepare his soul for the holy sacrifice of the Mass daily starting at 2:00 AM for the 8:00 AM Mass. There was a stark difference between his preparation time and mine. So now I am curious to know how he prepared his soul. If you know, please tell me. I was very blessed to pray and kneel before the incorrupt body of St. Padre Pio and present you to him. He is a living Saint.

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: Roman Catholic & Maronite Catholic Church J6my2u
Altar in Santa Maria Grazie, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy (St. Padre Pio's Church)

When I came home to the US, the desire to go to a Latin Mass gradually grew in intensity, so I did some internet research. But I also remembered the time I visited a Maronite Catholic Church. We were checking into the co-op school for my daughter Haley and I stepped into the Maronite Church. I never forgot the very holy environment inside the Church..

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: Roman Catholic & Maronite Catholic Church 3536tc7
Our Lady of Maronite Altar -(Note the white curtain on the right and left of the Altar!)

To be continued ..

The 3rd prayer during the holy sacrifice of the Mass is called the prayer of the veil... : "The prayer of the veil may point to a time in the past when a veil surrounded the altar in some Syriac churches. During the Service of the Word the veil would have been closed since the liturgical action would be occurring at the place where the Sacred Scriptures would be read. At this point in the Divine Service the veil was opened to enable the congregation to share in the action occurring at the altar. Syriac writers see in the opening of the veil an image of the opening of the heavens, since our divine liturgy on earth is an earthly reflection of the eternal divine liturgy taking place in heaven.

Source: http://www.johnmaron.org/liturgy/liturgy.html

Liturgy and Saints

The Maronite liturgy is very simple and very rich. The prayers which are used display a profound scriptural tradition, expressing innumerable images and motifs from the Old and New Testaments. Many of the prayers are also derived from the writings of ancient Fathers of the East, especially Saint Ephrem (d. 373), who was declared a doctor of the Universal Church by Pope Benedict XV. His many hymns, rich in poetic expression and typologies from the Scriptures, form the basis for many of the prayers still in use today. This contemplative and monastic spirit typifies the Maronite liturgical tradition.

The Divine Liturgy of the Mass traces its roots to Antioch, where “the disciples were first called Christians” (Acts 11:26). St. Peter fled to Antioch when a persecution broke out in Jerusalem, resulting in the martyrdom of St. James (cf. Acts 12). According to tradition, St. Peter founded the Church at Antioch and became its first bishop (cf. Eusebius, History of the Church, III, 36). The early Maronites were the direct descendants of the people who received their faith from the Apostle Peter.

Shortly after the time of the Apostles, while abiding by our Lord’s command, “Do this in memory of me,” a liturgy developed in Antioch which exists today in the Maronite rite. The overall characteristic of this liturgical tradition is a strong Trinitarian expression, coupled with emphasis on Jesus Christ as true God and true Man. The Maronite liturgy also retains certain aspects of the ancient liturgy of the Old Testament. For example, at the Consecration, the priest tips the chalice in the four directions of the compass to symbolize the shedding of Christ’s blood for the entire universe, which recalls the practice of sprinkling the four corners of the altar with the blood of the sacrificial lamb.

From this ancient and rich spirituality, which cultivates a living spirit of adoration for the Eucharist, many saints have been raised up from among the Maronites. In recent times, three outstanding examples of holiness have been proclaimed by the Church as models for all people of our day: Saint Rafka alReyes, Saint Sharbel Makhlouf and St. Nimatullah Al-Hardini .

---
Last Sunday, on October 18, 2009, I went to the Maronite Catholic Church - The High Mass. It was very Holy, Holy, Holy. I could almost hear all the angels and saints repeatedly worshiping the Great I AM saying: "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, Who was and Who is and Who is to come!"

The Catholics were spiritually prepared, well in advance, prior to the holy sacrifice of the Mass. They were very reverent, so peaceful, so prayerful. The atmosphere was so quiet, one could hear a pin drop. They knew Some One Great and Mighty was among them.. The music was very reverent, centering only on the Holy Trinity. For me, it was the perfect environment to pray and prepare my soul before receiving Jesus in the Most Holy Eucharist. The ornate holy decor inside the Church reminded me of he ornate beauty one would see in St. Peter's basilica in Rome.

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

I have a growing attraction to the Maronite Church. It's complicated to explain.

If you are very attracted to Blessed Mother, you may find attending a Maronite Catholic Mass intriguing. They know her..

St. Montfort teaches, When we say Mary - Mary echos Jesus.

Both St. Montfort & St. Padre Pio give the same strong emphasis on venerating Blessed Mother as the Maronites.

I recently discovered: Many eastern rite Saints promoted St. Montfort's Total Consecration to the Virgin Mary, including St. Charbel.

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: Roman Catholic & Maronite Catholic Church 13zsr60
St. Charbel pray for us

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum