Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

St. Charbel Makhlouf (القديس شربل مخلوف )

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) F5a843

St. Charbel (القديس شربل مخلوف )
By Artist Painter – Iconographer Christine Habib el Dayé
Tel : 961 1 877528 – 961 3 907271
e-mail : christinehabibeldaye@hotmail.com
Like all my Icons, this Icon is genuine, handmade on wood with gold 22 carats and hand painted with natural colors (pigments). They need long and delicate work for several weeks.
--
Charbel Makhlouf was born in Lebanon on the Plain of Kafra in the year 1828. He entered the Congregation of Lebanese Monks and for sixteen years lived at Annaza. Eventually he chose to live the solitary life of a a hermit. After twenty-five years as a hermit he died in the year 1898. After his death his body continously sweated perspiration and blood. Numerous miracles have been attributed to Charbel and he was accordingly beatified at the end of the Second Vatican Council, on December 5, 1965 and was canonized on October 9, 1977. Charbel was conspicuous for his humility, works of penance, love of silent work and constant prayer.

May St. Charbel's prayers be with us. Amen.

--
There's something mysterious, gentle & intriguing about the countenance of St. Charbel... I can't put my finger on it... I really-really like him ...

Last edited by Our-Lady-Of-Victory on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:02 am; edited 3 times in total

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

Saint Charbel`s life in stages

08-05-1828 : His birth date in Bekaa Kafra (village in North Lebanon)
16-05-1828 : His baptism
1851-1852 : First year of noviciate in Maifouk Monastery( village in Mount-Lebanon)
1852-1853 : Second year of noviciate in Annaya Monastery( village in Mount - Lebanon)
01-11-1853 : His first vows in Annaya
1853-1859 : His theological studies in Kfifan Monastery ( in Mount - Lebanon)
23-07-1859 : His priestly ordination
1859-1875 : His life at the Annaya monastery
15-02-1875 : His entering the hermitage
24-12- 1898 : His death
15-04-1899 : The changing of the tomb
24-07-1927 : The corpse was transferred to a third grave
25-02-1950 : The grave was opened and the body was exposed to visitors.
A distinguished year full of miracles around his grave.
05-12- 1965 : His Beatification in Vatican
09-10-1977 : His Canonization in Vatican.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed color font from gray to black. :-))

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) 2aeus5h...

Tarek Ch 2 wrote:Saint Charbel`s life in stages

08-05-1828 : His birth date in Bekaa Kafra (village in North Lebanon)
16-05-1828 : His baptism
1851-1852 : First year of noviciate in Maifouk Monastery( village in Mount-Lebanon)
1852-1853 : Second year of noviciate in Annaya Monastery( village in Mount - Lebanon)
01-11-1853 : His first vows in Annaya
1853-1859 : His theological studies in Kfifan Monastery ( in Mount - Lebanon)
23-07-1859 : His priestly ordination
1859-1875 : His life at the Annaya monastery
15-02-1875 : His entering the hermitage
24-12- 1898 : His death
15-04-1899 : The changing of the tomb
24-07-1927 : The corpse was transferred to a third grave
25-02-1950 : The grave was opened and the body was exposed to visitors.
A distinguished year full of miracles around his grave.
05-12- 1965 : His Beatification in Vatican
09-10-1977 : His Canonization in Vatican.

St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) 2aeus5h
By Artist Painter – Iconographer Christine Habib el Dayé [c]

It's too bad I missed St. Charbel's feast day: December 24th.

Three months ago I had no knowledge of both St. Charbel and the Maronite Catholic's existence, until after I returned from San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy. Fr. Pacwa (who is bi-ritual) recently celebrated the Maronite Divine Liturgy in Our Lady of the Angels Chapel here at EWTN.
source: http://www.ewtn.com/vexperts/showresult.asp?RecNum=312242&record_bookmark=25&Forums=0&Experts=0&Days=2002&Author=&Keyword=maronite&pgnu=1&groupnum=0&ORDER_BY_TXT=ORDER+BY+ReplyDate+DESC&start_at=
I'll find out if St. Padre Pio was bi-ritual.

Please share more.

St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) 2aeus5h
By Artist Painter – Iconographer Christine Habib el Dayé [c]

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

Here is the latest St.Charbel's miracle, approuved by the Church, to Mme "Nohad El Chamy", narrated by herself

My name is Nohad, spouse of Semaan el-Chamy, from Mezarib, Jbeil. I am 55 years old. I have 12 children (7 sons and 5 daughters). On the evening of the 9th of January 1993, I suffered from a left hemiplegia, affecting my leg, my arm and my mouth. Thus, I entered Saint Maritime Hospital in Jbeil.
Dr. Joseph Chamy, a cardiologist, received me and referred me to the Intensive Care Unit and to Dr. Antoine Nachakian and Dr. Majid Chamy, my family doctor. After many consultations, X-rays and medical tests, they deduced that the hemiplegia was due to the obstruction of 80% of the left-brain arteries and 70% of the right ones. “In this case, no treatment can cure you. Nevertheless, we still have the possibility to perform later a surgery and replace the obstructed arteries by plastic ones," said the doctor. They advised me to go home and come back to Hotel Dieu Hospital within three months for new X-rays.
So, my eldest son, Saad, went to Annaya and brought me consecrated oil and soil from Saint Charbel's tomb. When my daughter applied them on my body, I felt tingles in my hand and my foot. I left the hospital after staying there for 9 days.

At home, I couldn’t leave my bed. My husband had to help me go to the bathroom, and my children had to give me food and water through a straw. This is how I spent the next three days after leaving the hospital. While I was sleeping, I saw myself going up the stairs of the hermitage in Annaya and attending the mass in the presence of monks. During this mass, Saint Charbel was giving me the communion.

Between the fourth night at home, Thursday January 22nd, 1933, and early Friday morning, I was suffering from an awful headache and a pain in my right side. I started praying to the Holy Virgin and Saint Charbel, saying, "What have I done? Why have you done this to me? What sin have I committed to deserve all this? I have raised twelve children with lots of suffering, prayers and perseverance. I am not imposing my will on you, but if you are willing, you can heal me, or else take my soul. What ever you decide to do pleases me."

My husband and children left me to get some rest. At 11pm, I had a dream: I saw a blinding light filling my room, and two monks approaching my bed; one of them placed his hand on my neck and said, "I am here to operate on you." I turned around but couldn't see his face for a blinding light was coming out of his body and eyes. I said, "Father, why do you want to perform an operation? They didn’t say I require one." He replied, "Yes you do. I am Father Charbel and come to perform it." I turned too looked at the Virgin Mary's statuette near my bed and said, "Virgin Mary, please intercede on my behalf. How are these monks going to perform a surgery and stitch the incision without an anesthetic?" I was staring at the statuette, which took a place between the two monks. At that moment, I felt an awful pain while Saint Charbel was rubbing my neck. When he finished the surgery, the other monk approached me holding a pillow, helped me to sit up straight, put the pillow behind my back and gave me the cup of water which was beside me, that after taking away the straw. He put his hand under my head and told me, "Drink this water". I said, "Father, I cannot drink without a straw." He replied, "We have performed the surgery and now you have to drink and walk, too."

At that moment I woke up and realized that the water was going down my throat normally and I was sitting the way the monk made me sit. I looked at the statuette and noted that it was back in its original place on the table. Then, I felt a pain in my neck and unconsciously I touched it and realized that I could use my disabled arm, and that I can move my leg under the blanket. I got ot of bed, and without being fully conscious, I knelt before the Virgin’s statuette and Saint Charbel’s portrait to thank them. Then, I went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror, and saw two incisions in my neck; one on the left and the other on the right, each of approximately 12 cm. It was two o’clock in the morning when I went to my husband’s room, which was near mine, and switched the light on. My husband looked at me and said loudly, “How did you come here all by yourself? You might fall, and this would lead to another catastrophe!” I moved my hand and said, “Don’t worry. Saint Charbel operated on me. I can walk…”

The following day, in the morning, I went to the hermitage with my son and my husband to show my gratitude to Saint Charbel for his miraculous deed. When I came back home, all my friends and relatives, who used to visit me when I was disabled, were very surprised to see me able-bodied. News spread very quickly prompting visitors to come from Lebanon and abroad. A week later, upon the request of the priest of our Parish in Halat, Father Abdo Yaacoub, and of Doctor Majid Chami, I agreed to stay at my son’s house for a couple of days to get some rest. During the night, Saint Charbel came to me and said, “Don’t leave the people. Keep on your faith. I incised you through divine intervention so that people can see you. A lot of them have strayed from the Church. They are neglecting both to pray and respect the saints. You can’t do anything for the people. Those who want anything from me, I am Father Charbel, and I am always at the hermitage. I want you to visit the hermitage every 22nd day of the month, and attend the mass for the rest of your life.”
The following day, I woke up in the morning to find three stitches on the right side of my neck and two others on the left side. Doctor Majid Chamy took out two of them.

I started organizing a procession every Thursday (day of the miracle) at my house, in Halat. While I was in my village on the 15th of August, 1993, Saint Charbel came to me in my dreams and said, “Nouhad, I ask you to recite the Rosary in a gathering on the first Saturday of each month at your house.”

As usual, I woke up in the morning, took the incense to the small altar, lit the candle and started praying. I looked at the portrait of Saint Charbel to discover that it was secreting oil and still is to this day. On the 6th of November while we were reciting the Rosary in a gathering, as Saint Charbel asked me to, with a large number of visitors in my house, the portrait of Saint Maron started secreting oil and still does to this day.

On the 2nd of September, Saint Rita appeared to me in my dream in which I was praying in front of the shrine of the Virgin Mary next to my house in the village. She placed her hand on my shoulder, kissed my forehead, and said to me, “God bless you for your faith.” I turned around to tell her what had happened to me, but she interrupted, “I know. Saint Charbel has operated on you. The monk who gave you water to drink was Saint Maroun.”

Last edited by Our-Lady-Of-Victory on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Font color changed from gray to black by OLOV, so I can read it :))

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Wow. I've read a lot of miracle stories, but I never heard of Saints doing a surgery on a human being. It was a 2 hour surgery, and they took good care of her, helping her believe in God: before, during, and after the surgery. In the end, many believed through St. Charbel and St. Maroun the surgery was Divinely performed. The final outcome? Many reverted to the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church and believed in the benefits to receiving the Holy Sacraments and believed in God Almighty! Now that's a true testimony that points to, magnifies and honors Almighty God!

Interesting to note: Appearing in a dream, St. Charbel continued to counsel and guide her, weeks after the operation. It's difficult to find wise counsel, so I'll be calling on him to help me discern God's guidance and counsel.

St. Padre Pio appears to people in dreams also. If we dream St. Padre Pio, I'm firmly persuaded it's not a coincidence. But we can't depend on our dreams, which can be mere phantoms. They must be carefully discerned with a mature spiritual Catholic, to see if they're truly sent from Almighty God. So now my adventure begins: St. Padre Pio is guiding me to St. Charbel.

It'd be interesting to read "Nohad El Chamy's doctor's medical reports. Have you read them? They must be available for viewing.

Who is St. Rita?

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

Concerning Nohad el Chamy medical reports, I'll try to find and post them later.
About St. Rita, she is a famous saint of the church, she still makes big miracles, specialy for cases that seemed to be impossible.

St. Rita was born at Spoleto, Italy in 1381. At an early age, she begged her parents to allow her to enter a convent. Instead they arranged a marriage for her. Rita became a good wife and mother, but her husband was a man of violent temper. In anger he often mistreated his wife. He taught their children his own evil ways.

Rita tried to perform her duties faithfully and to pray and receive the sacraments frequently. After nearly twenty years of marriage, her husband was stabbed by an enemy but before he died, he repented because Rita prayed for him. Shortly afterwards, her two sons died, and Rita was alone in the world. Prayer, fasting, penances of many kinds, and good works filled her days. She was admitted to the convent of the Augustinian nuns at Cascia in Umbria, and began a life of perfect obedience and great charity.

Sister Rita had a great devotion to the Passion of Christ. "Please let me suffer like you, Divine Saviour," she said one day, and suddenly one of the thorns from the crucifix struck her on the forehead. It left a deep wound which did not heal and which caused her much suffering for the rest of her life. She died on May 22, 1457. She is the patroness of impossible cases. Her feast day is May 22.

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Tarek Ch 2 wrote:Concerning Nohad el Chamy medical reports, I'll try to find and post them later.

About St. Rita, she is a famous saint of the church, she still makes big miracles, specialy for cases that seemed to be impossible.

St. Rita was born at Spoleto, Italy in 1381. At an early age, she begged her parents to allow her to enter a convent. Instead they arranged a marriage for her. Rita became a good wife and mother, but her husband was a man of violent temper. In anger he often mistreated his wife. He taught their children his own evil ways.

Rita tried to perform her duties faithfully and to pray and receive the sacraments frequently. After nearly twenty years of marriage, her husband was stabbed by an enemy but before he died, he repented because Rita prayed for him. Shortly afterwards, her two sons died, and Rita was alone in the world. Prayer, fasting, penances of many kinds, and good works filled her days. She was admitted to the convent of the Augustinian nuns at Cascia in Umbria, and began a life of perfect obedience and great charity.

Sister Rita had a great devotion to the Passion of Christ. "Please let me suffer like you, Divine Saviour," she said one day, and suddenly one of the thorns from the crucifix struck her on the forehead. It left a deep wound which did not heal and which caused her much suffering for the rest of her life. She died on May 22, 1457. She is the patroness of impossible cases. Her feast day is May 22.

St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) A23gip

It's very sad St. Rita's parents didn't respect her and treat her properly, with equality within their family, rather they both forced her to marry a man against her will, and worse they chose someone, both persistent and bent towards evil. It is most unfortunate and true, the children's will, gradually, becomes one with evil habits. I would imagine prayer, fasting, penances and good works filled St. Rita's years all during the life span of her marriage; for as you probably know, God promised us the believing spouse sanctifies the unbelieving spouse. God is so kind.

Mme "Nohad El Chamy" most likely had a devotion to St. Rita. How thoughtful of Almighty God to bring this Saint in her life during her greatest time of need. He's always available to support His children. He's so mysterious..and I don't think he's mysterious simply because he's a male .. we never know what God's going to do next; there's never a dull moment that's for certain.

I still find St. Charbel quite intriguing. He's very humble and very holy; the more I look at his picture the more these virtues stand out. He's warm and inviting: "Those who want anything from me, I am Father Charbel, and I am always at the hermitage."

Any information you can find on this Saint, and those who have a devotion to him, I'm willing to listen.

I'll be re-reading Mme Nohad El Chamy's testimony all during the week. It's very different. I find something new each time I read it. I'll be asking her to intercede on my behalf.

St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) A23gipheart

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

St. Charbel and "Raymond Nader"
Raymond Nader, a Lebanese electro-mechanical engineer, carries with him quite spectacular evidence of Charbel's activities: on one arm he has five fingerprints literally burnt into his skin. The scorched fingerprints have already renewed themselves six times.

Raymond Nader told his story earlier this year, in April 1997, in front of the TV cameras. On 9 November 1994 he spent a night in the hermitage where Charbel had lived for 23 years. He wanted to meditate and had lit five candles. It was a still, cold night. "Suddenly," he told Murr Television, "I felt warmth around me in the cold night, and a fiery, warm wind began to blow. However, to my great surprise the flames of the candles were steady and still. I tried to reason scientifically, but I thought I might be dreaming or hallucinating. Suddenly I lost my five senses. There was no more warmth or wind or flames. I was in a different world, a world bathed in light. Not the usual light we know, not white, but transparent like crystal water. The light didn't come from a specific direction, but from everywhere. It was a billion times brighter than the light of the Sun... "In that light I felt a Presence, I couldn't see it, but I was aware of it. "No, you are not dreaming, YOU ARE MORE AWAKE THAN EVER. The Voice came from nowhere and yet from everywhere. I heard it in every part of me, not with my physical ears. It expressed itself to me with no words, no sounds. The Presence presented itself to me as a "feeling" of deep peace, and joy and love. At a certain moment I felt that this experience had come to an end. I wanted this joy and peace to last for ever, and if the Presence couldn't stay, I wished at least it would take me with it; but He made me understand that He is always here."

Gradually Nader returned to normal consciousness. "I looked at the candles with astonishment: they were totally consumed. My watch indicated that four hours has passed in a blink of an eye. I left the hermitage, and on the way to my car I felt heat in my arm. I thought it might be a scratch, or an animal's sting. But the heat grew stronger. I took off my pullover, and in the light of my car saw five fingerprints on my arm, showing every detail of human fingers, including the wrinkles and the nails. It was very hot, but there was no pain at all, only itching. For five days it oozed blood and water."

Dr Nabil Hokayem, a plastic surgeon, one of the most famous surgeons in Lebanon, confirmed that it was a second-degree burn. On the occasion of the Feast Day of Charbel on 15 July in 1995, Raymond Nader had a new and extraordinary experience while visiting the Monastery of St Maroun. "On my way to Charbel's hermitage, I saw a procession ahead of me. I recognized the monks of the monastery, but at the end of the procession was a very old priest. I approached him to ask a few questions. As I came closer to him, everything around me changed. All sounds disappeared, but the old priest's voice resounded inside my head." It was then that Nader heard one of six messages which he attributes to Charbel. With each message the fingerprints on his arm were renewed.

The following are quotations from these messages:

"The Lord has created each human being to shine, to enlighten the world; you are the light of the world. Each man is a lantern meant to shine; the Lord has provided a clear and transparent glass to the lantern, to enable that light to shine and illuminate the world; but they are taking care of the glass and forgetting about the light; they are caring about the glass shape, coloring and decorating it, until it becomes thick, opaque, preventing light from shining forth, and thus is the world drowned in darkness. The Lord insists on illuminating the world. Your glass must become transparent again. You should realize the purpose for which you are born in this world."

"Christ knows what is in your hearts, and it is your hearts that he wants. Don't seek for the truth outside the Christ; when you know the Christ, you will know the Truth and you will be free. The Christ wants you to be free. Fear not, and be sure that the Christ has defeated the world."

"The Church of the Christ is a rock upon which are being shattered the waves of evil. Christ is the way. Crosses of light will flood the Earth."

9 St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) Empty Biography Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

1-The Birth of Saint CHARBEL :

Youssef Antoun MAKHLOUF was born on May 8, 1828 in BKAAKAFRA (North Lebanon) from Maronite parents. They are Antoun Zaarour MAKHLOUF and Brigitta CHIDIAC. He has two brothers: John & Beshara, and two sisters: Kawn & Wardeh. Youssef was grown-up on Christian beliefs which made him infatuated with prayers since his childhood. He was inclined to hermit & monk kind of life, following the path of his hermit uncles who were living in solitary in the hermitage of Saint Antonius of Kozhayah, where they handed him the championship torch of virtues.

His father passed away on August 8, 1831 in Gherfin, it is a village near AMCHIT, on his way back home after he was working in corvée for the Turkish Army, so his mother raised him as an orphan. Then she was married to Lahoud Ibrahim who became the priest of the parish, choosing the name ABDELAHAD.

Youssef studied the principals of Arabic & Syriac in the school of the village. He was very pious, to the extent that his co-villagers used to call him the “Saint”. He used to take his small herd daily to the prairies and then he would go to a grotto where he would kneel in front of the Virgin Mary Icon and pray and so this grotto became his alter and his first hermit which became later a chapel for prayer and pilgrimage for believers.

His joining the Lebanese Maronite Order :

On the morning of one day in the year 1851, Youssef left his parents and his village. He headed for Lady of Mayfouk monastery in the aim of becoming a monk where he spent his first preparatory year and then he went to St. Maroun’s monastery-Annaya, where he joined the Corps of the Lebanese Maronite Order, choosing the name Charbel, one of the martyrs of the second century in the Antioch Church. On the first of November in the year 1853, he revealed his monastic vows in the same monastery. He was then well informed of the precise obligations of these vows: obeying, chastity & poverty.

He continued his theological studies in the Monastery of saint Kouberyanous & Justina, Kfifan-Batroun, under the care of his teacher the saint Nehemtallah Kassab Elhardiny, who was the ideal for the monks and a living image of the great Sanctified Monks in his private & public life.

On July 23, 1859 Brother Charbel MAKHLOUF was ordained a priest in BKERKY, by putting the hand of the triple-merciful Archbishop Youssef ElMarid, Vicar of the Maronite Patriarchy.

His life in Saint Maroun’s Monastery-Annaya and in St Peter & Paul hermitage :

Father Charbel lived in St. Maroun’s Monastery-Annaya for a period of sixteen years. He was obedient to his superiors, sticking to his monkhood law precisely. He was ruthless on himself by living strict austerity and mortification. He denounced all worldly materials in the earthly life, to go to serve his Lord and the salvation of his soul.

During the year 1875 God inspired father Charbel to live in hermitage in St. Peter & Paul which belongs to St. Maroun’s Monastery-Annaya, in spite of the fact that the superiors usually, do not allow seclusion in the hermit easily. While the father superior was hesitating, he received a sign from heaven visualized by the miracle of the lamp. As one night, Priest Charbel asked the servant to fill the lamp with oil, but instead of oil he filled it with water. But the lamp gave light ordinarily. This miracle opened the sequence of the Charbelite’s miracles, and approached the day destined for the hermit to go to his desired secluded home.

On Feb. 15, 1875 priest Charbel moved definitively to the Hermit, where he was the ideal as a saint and a hermit, spending his time in silence, prayer, worship and manual labor in the fields. He never left the Hermit except in a permission of his superior. He followed the life path of the Saints hermit fathers, kneeling on a dish of canes in front of the Eucharist, whispering to it and inebriate by it throughout the nights.

He spent 23 years in the hermit, dedicating himself to the service of his Lord, applying the rules of hermits with precision and full consciousness.

During the holy ceremony on December 16, 1898 he was struck by hemiplegia, and entered in a duel with the illness which remained for 8 days, during which he endured the terrible pains of struggle with death calmly, silently in spite of the severe aches. In his struggle Father Charbel continued his prayers which he could not finish in the mass: “Father of righteousness, here is Your son a pleasing sacrifice!...” he would repeat as well the names of Jesus & Mary St Joseph and Peter & Paul the Patron Saints of the hermit

The spirit of St Charbel flew free, liberated going back to the dwelling of the Lord, just like the return of the drop of dew to the wider ocean, on the 24th of December 1898, on Christmas Eve. He was buried in the burial area of St Maroun’s Monastery- Annaya.

The mysterious light radiating from his tomb :

After his death spiritual lights radiated from his tomb the reason for which his corpse which was perspiring sweat & blood; was transferred into a special coffin, after the permission of the Maronite patriarchate, and he was placed in a new tomb, inside the monastery. At that point groups of Pilgrims flocked soliciting his intercession. God blessed many of these by healing them and endowing them by other spiritual blessings.

In the year 1925, a petition was raised to canonize him and declare his sanctity before his Beatitude Pope Bios XI, by father superior Ighnatious Dagher Tannoury, & his Vicar father Martinous Tarabay, where his plea was accepted as well as father Nehemtallah Kassab Elhardidni and Sister Rafca Elrayess in the year 1927. In 1950 the grave of St. Charbel was opened, in the presence of the Official Committee & Certified Doctors. They verified the wholeness of the corpse, and they wrote a medical report and put it in a box inside the coffin.

All of a sudden, the healing happenings increased numerously & in an amazing way. Tens of thousands of pilgrims of different sects and rites flocked Annaya monastery requesting the intercession of the Saint.

The prevailing of virtues and miracles of Saint Cahrbel world wide :

St. Charbel miracles surpassed the boarders of Lebanon, and the Letters and reports kept in St. Maroun’s Monastery – Annaya are lucid evidence on the widespread of his sanctity all over the world. This unique phenomenon induced a comeback to good morals and a return to faith and a revival of virtues in the souls of people, and St Charbel Graveyard the center of attraction to all people of different social class and ages, and all became equal before him by prayers and piety, with no separation in religion or rite or sect. For him they are all called the Sons of God.

But the curing registered in the records of St Maroun’s Monastery – Annaya achieved by God thru the intercession of Saint Cahrbel exceeds tens of thousands, excluding the healings widespread Worldwide to all colors, religions and sects, and these are not registered in the Monastery records. Ten percent on the curing were done to those not even baptized, and each cure was done in a different way, either by prayer and requesting intercession, or by oil & scent, or by the oak leaves of the hermit, or from the soil taken from his graveyard, or by visiting his grave and just touching the door of his tomb, or through his icon or statue.

Some of these healings were on the physical level, but the most important is the spiritual healing of how many repentant returned to his God by the intercession of St. Charbel, just by the first step into the threshold of St. Maroun’s Monestary- Annaya or the hermit of St. Peter & Paul.

10 St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) Empty Feast day, July 24, 2010 Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:23 pm

trust in him

July 24, 2010
St. Sharbel Makhlouf
(1828-1898)

Although this saint never traveled far from the Lebanese village of Beka-Kafra, where he was born, his influence has spread widely.
Joseph Zaroun Maklouf was raised by an uncle because his father, a mule driver, died when Joseph was only three. At the age of 23, Joseph joined the Monastery of St. Maron at Annaya, Lebanon, and took the name Sharbel in honor of a second-century martyr. He professed his final vows in 1853 and was ordained six years later.

Following the example of the fifth-century St. Maron, Sharbel lived as a hermit from 1875 until his death. His reputation for holiness prompted people to seek him to receive a blessing and to be remembered in his prayers. He followed a strict fast and was very devoted to the Blessed Sacrament. When his superiors occasionally asked him to administer the sacraments to nearby villages, Sharbel did so gladly.

He died in the late afternoon on Christmas Eve. Christians and non-Christians soon made his tomb a place of pilgrimage and of cures. Pope Paul VI beatified him in 1965 and canonized him in 1977.

Comment:

Pope John Paul II has often said that the Church has two lungs (East and West) and it must learn to breathe using both of them. Remembering saints like Sharbel helps the Church to appreciate both the diversity and unity present in the Catholic Church. Like all the saints, Sharbel points us to God and invites us to cooperate generously with God's grace, no matter what our situation in life may be. As our prayer life becomes deeper and more honest, we become more ready to make that generous response.

Quote:
When Sharbel was canonized in 1977, Bishop Francis Zayek, head the U.S. Diocese of St. Maron, wrote a pamphlet entitled "A New Star of the East." Bishop Zayek wrote: "St. Sharbel is called the second St. Anthony of the Desert, the Perfume of Lebanon, the first Confessor of the East to be raised to the Altars according to the actual procedure of the Catholic Church, the honor of our Aramaic Antiochian Church, and the model of spiritual values and renewal. Sharbel is like a Cedar of Lebanon standing in eternal prayer, on top of a mountain."

The bishop noted that Sharbel's canonization plus other beatification cases prove "that the Aramaic Maronite Antiochian Church is indeed a living branch of the Catholic Church and is intimately connected with the trunk, who is Christ, our Savior, the beginning and the end of all things."

source: www.AmericanCatholic.org

On personal Note. I am thanking St. Sharbel for answered my pray to help find my glassed so I can go to mass to honor his feast day this morning .

TIH
[flash][/flash]

11 St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) Empty Miracles of Saint Charbel Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:42 pm

trust in him

http://www.charbel.org/

Miracles of Saint Charbel

Lebanon's Hermit
After 16 years of strict asceticism he was granted permission by his superiors to withdraw from the world and become a hermit. In a hermitage near the monastery he lived the rest of his life in prayer and contemplation, frequent fasting and manual labor.

Tradition has it that Charbel showed ample evidence of extraordinary gifts during his life. And so it was, for instance, that he was able to rescue fellow monks from a poisonous snake simply by asking the creature if it would mind going away. There are also tales of clairvoyance and healing associated with his name. Even at his death, on 24 December 1898, it was noted in the Monastery's records that he was expected to remain active after his death. In a dedication to him his obedience was described as "more angelic than human".

Grave's brightness - Miracles

The expectation that the world would be hearing more of Charbel was soon fulfilled: his grave was immediately surrounded by an "extraordinary brightness", according to a booklet produced by the Monastery about its most famous son. The light only finally faded after 45 days, unlike public interest which continued to wax brightly: pilgrims even tried to steal pieces of his remains, which gave the authorities a reason to open the grave. The body was found floating in mud but was itself completely free from signs of deterioration "as if it had been buried that same day." It was noticed that a "blood-like liquid" exuded from the body's a phenomenon which can still be seen even now. The liquid is caught in a cloth and, according to the Monastery, has over the years been responsible for many cases of healing.

In this century his grave has been opened four times, the last time being in 1955, and each time "it has been noticed that his bleeding body still has its flexibility as if it were alive".

Sister Maria Abdel Kamari

The beatification of Charbel followed the healing of a nun, Sister Maria Abdel Kamari. She suffered serious intestinal problems, could not keep food down, had been bedridden for 14 years and had already received the sacrament of extreme unction three times. In 1950 she was taken to Charbel's grave and on praying suddenly felt a powerful surge of energy and was able to stand unaided. Since then Sister Maria Abel Kamari has been completely free of her previous ailments.

Samira Hannoch

More recently, in 1992, some of Charbel's "miracles" reached the Western press. Swedish papers and the British daily, The Guardian, printed the story of 15-year-old Samira Hannoch who reported having had a vision of Charbel in her home near Stockholm. Since then oil has been pouring from a portrait of Charbel and has been associated with a number of healings.

Nouhad El Chami (operation)

A couple of months later, in January 1993, another incident occurred, this time in Lebanon, with 59-year-old Nouhad El-Chami in the main role. Nouhad, a mother of 12 children, suddenly became paralyzed as a result of a narrowing of arteries in a very advanced stage.

On 21 January 1993 Nouhad had a "dream". "Two monks came towards my bed. One of them, St Charbel, came nearer, uncovered my neck, put his hand on it and said: I have come to operate on you. I turned my head to see his face, but I couldn't, because the light coming from his body and eyes was too blinding and powerful. I was so confused, and asked him: Father, why do you want to operate on me? The doctor didn't say I need an operation. But St Charbel said: Definitely, you need an operation, and I, Father Charbel, have come to do it for you. I looked towards the statue of the Virgin, placed near me, and said: Holy Mary, please help me; how are these monks going to operate without anesthetics or sutures ? Then I realized that the Virgin's statue was standing between the monks. "Suddenly, I felt a terrible pain under Charbel's fingers, which were rubbing my neck. When St Charbel finished the operation, the other monk approached, put me in a sitting position, and placed a pillow behind my back. He reached for a glass of water, put his hand behind my head and said: Drink this water. I cannot drink without a straw, I said. He replied: We have operated on you, and now you will drink this water; then you will stand up and walk.

"I woke up and felt water running down my throat, and found myself sitting in the same position as the Father had placed me in. Suddenly I felt a burning in my neck, and unconsciously put my hand there, to find out what was happening. Then I realized that my paralyzed hand had become normal again; I felt my [paralyzed] foot moving normally under the blanket. I got out of bed in a semi-conscious state and knelt before the picture of St Charbel and the statue of the Virgin, to thank them. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror; I saw two wounds of twelve centimeters each, at both sides of my neck. "I went to my husband's bedroom and turned on the light. My husband looked at me and shouted: Woman! How did you get here alone? Now you'll stumble and fall and a new catastrophe will be added upon another! I raised my paralyzed hand and told him: "Have no fear, St Charbel operated on me, and now I can walk."

This story, described in a second booklet published by the Monastery in which Charbel lived, has a follow-up to it: after another dream, in which Charbel appeared to her, Nouhad discovered that there was oil flowing from a portrait of the Saint. This has continued up to the present moment, as our colleague in Lebanon, Nabil Matraji, was able to verify for himself: "It is an amazing sight," he said. However, it is not only Charbel's portrait in Nouhad's home which oozes healing oil. The same phenomenon is happening with oil flowing from the portrait of a fourth century saint s the founder of the Maronite Order, St Maroun (given in the English and American reference books as St Maroun) after whom the order was named. The same Maroun, so Nouhad learned in a later dream, was the second monk who had helped in the operation which cured her.

Nadia Sader

In an article in Al-Anwar on 10 September 1996 Nadia Sader described what happened to her when she drank a brew in which oak leaves from Nouhad's tree had been soaked. Nadia's illness had progressed quickly and aggressively and within a short time she was totally paralyzed; she suffered tremendous pain and expected to die at any moment. Her mother-in-law suggested trying the oak leaves which had been blessed by St Charbel s an idea she complied with only after much persuasion.

"As I drank the hot liquid, I felt a burning inside," she told Al-Anwar. "It was horrible, indescribable. I was suffering from my chin down to my right foot. I was howling, screaming, from pain and also from fear. Suddenly I saw the most wonderful scene in my life: I saw the heart of Jesus, red like blood, beating. The heart was all surrounded by light and my children were standing around it. Then I lost consciousness... People around me saw my right foot making violent movements, rising up and falling down with an unbelievable force. I remember nothing of all of this. [Later] the gathering saw my left foot making the same violent movements as the right one had done before. It was so violent that I fell down on the floor. My foot continued its sudden movements with more power than three men were capable of restraining. I was still unconscious. I stayed in bed, weakened, till the morning of the third day, when my little child woke me up; only then did I know I had been cured, and I was able to walk again normally and serve my family."

Nadia Sader still did not know what to make of it all, wavering between belief and non-belief, even after several more appearances to her of Charbel and Jesus. "I have snatched you from your deathbed, and you still don't believe?" Jesus asked her. Nadia's home became a place of pilgrimage where icons of Jesus, the Virgin Mary and St Charbel exuded oil but Nadia herself continued to swing between faith and fear, especially after a medium told her that the oil had evil origins and was the work of the devil.

Only after repeated appearances of Jesus to her did Nadia finally admit that she was convinced. She subsequently began receiving messages from St Charbel. The following are quotations from these messages: "Always ask for the healing of the soul, and don't fear the illness of the body." "Pray for the living, because most of the living are dead, and the dead are living."

Raymond Nader

Raymond Nader, a Lebanese electro-mechanical engineer, carries with him quite spectacular evidence of Charbel's activities: on one arm he has five fingerprints literally burnt into his skin. The scorched fingerprints have already renewed themselves six times.

Raymond Nader told his story earlier this year, in April 1997, in front of the TV cameras. On 9 November 1994 he spent a night in the hermitage where Charbel had lived for 23 years. He wanted to meditate and had lit five candles. It was a still, cold night. "Suddenly," he told Murr Television, "I felt warmth around me in the cold night, and a fiery, warm wind began to blow. However, to my great surprise the flames of the candles were steady and still. I tried to reason scientifically, but I thought I might be dreaming or hallucinating. Suddenly I lost my five senses. There was no more warmth or wind or flames. I was in a different world, a world bathed in light. Not the usual light we know, not white, but transparent like crystal water. The light didn't come from a specific direction, but from everywhere. It was a billion times brighter than the light of the Sun... "In that light I felt a Presence, I couldn't see it, but I was aware of it. "No, you are not dreaming, YOU ARE MORE AWAKE THAN EVER. The Voice came from nowhere and yet from everywhere. I heard it in every part of me, not with my physical ears. It expressed itself to me with no words, no sounds. The Presence presented itself to me as a "feeling" of deep peace, and joy and love. At a certain moment I felt that this experience had come to an end. I wanted this joy and peace to last for ever, and if the Presence couldn't stay, I wished at least it would take me with it; but He made me understand that He is always here."

Gradually Nader returned to normal consciousness. "I looked at the candles with astonishment: they were totally consumed. My watch indicated that four hours has passed in a blink of an eye. I left the hermitage, and on the way to my car I felt heat in my arm. I thought it might be a scratch, or an animal's sting. But the heat grew stronger. I took off my pullover, and in the light of my car saw five fingerprints on my arm, showing every detail of human fingers, including the wrinkles and the nails. It was very hot, but there was no pain at all, only itching. For five days it oozed blood and water."

Dr Nabil Hokayem, a plastic surgeon, one of the most famous surgeons in Lebanon, confirmed that it was a second-degree burn. On the occasion of the Feast Day of Charbel on 15 July in 1995, Raymond Nader had a new and extraordinary experience while visiting the Monastery of St Maroun. "On my way to Charbel's hermitage, I saw a procession ahead of me. I recognized the monks of the monastery, but at the end of the procession was a very old priest. I approached him to ask a few questions. As I came closer to him, everything around me changed. All sounds disappeared, but the old priest's voice resounded inside my head." It was then that Nader heard one of six messages which he attributes to Charbel. With each message the fingerprints on his arm were renewed.

The following are quotations from these messages:

"The Lord has created each human being to shine, to enlighten the world; you are the light of the world. Each man is a lantern meant to shine; the Lord has provided a clear and transparent glass to the lantern, to enable that light to shine and illuminate the world; but they are taking care of the glass and forgetting about the light; they are caring about the glass shape, coloring and decorating it, until it becomes thick, opaque, preventing light from shining forth, and thus is the world drowned in darkness. The Lord insists on illuminating the world. Your glass must become transparent again. You should realize the purpose for which you are born in this world."

"Christ knows what is in your hearts, and it is your hearts that he wants. Don't seek for the truth outside the Christ; when you know the Christ, you will know the Truth and you will be free. The Christ wants you to be free. Fear not, and be sure that the Christ has defeated the world."

"The Church of the Christ is a rock upon which are being shattered the waves of evil. Christ is the way. Crosses of light will flood the Earth."

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Elias Gharib was born in Damour, Lebanon in 1947. He is a living proof of God's love to his children on earth and St. Charbel's intervention to help those who ask for his intercession.

In 2000, Elias went through an entire physical exam in spite of him not feeling ill. He asked the doctor to do a chest X-ray because he was a smoker of thirty years. He had quit smoking a month earlier.

The X-ray showed a small spot on his lung but the doctor seemed confident that every thing was ok but ordered a CAT scan to make sure. Elias went to Aboujaoude Hospital where he underwent the CAT scan that showed to everyone's surprise the presence of a cancerous tumor on the lung. No one knew what pushed Elias to ask for all those tests, especially the Chest X-Ray.

A surgery to remove the tumor was inevitable at the time. Elias felt a little bit assured that the surgery would end the problem. The surgeon ordered a Biopsy to determine the kind and stage of the cancer. The Biopsy was not all that accurate. The doctor asked for tests on Elias head, stomach and bones before undergoing the surgery.

Two days before the surgery, they discovered another cancerous tumor on Elias' brain. The surgery was cancelled and Elias was referred to a Cancer Specialist who asked to start on Chemo therapy immediately. Elias who was close to God and far away from all the new medicine techniques carried his problems and went up to Jrabta to pray to St. Rafca and to St. Charbel in Annaya. Before every Chemo Session, he used to visit St. Rafca. He would have his medicine with him and he would pray with the nuns.

Six months later, a MRI showed a little improvement in the lung so did the brain MRI. Elias continued to pray. He never asked to be healed. He always asked for God's will to be done. After twenty Chemo Sessions, the MRI showed an 80 % improvement in the brain. The doctor was satisfied of the results and felt the need to continue the therapy. Elias wasn't feeling any pain.

He put himself in the Lord's merciful hand. He went to Australia. In Melbourne he was examined by a well known Cancer specialist who, after reviewing his file, couldn't believe the difference between the first and the last CAT scan and MRI. The doctor declared that a miracle was definitely the factor in Elias' case. He came back to Lebanon to continue the therapy. After a while, they did a new CAT scan on his brain. That last one showed no trace of the cancer. After one year of therapy, the doctor said that the cancer in the lung wasn't spreading to other organs but wasn't improving.

The doctor put Elias before three choices: continue the therapy, continue the X-ray, or stop the therapy and keep a close watch on the situation. It was up to Elias to decide. He asked for two days to think about the possibilities. During this time, he used to go with his wife regularly to visit St. Charbel and St. Rafca.

St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) Md18k4

On the second day after St. Charbel's feast, he went up to Annaya and asked St. Charbel to help him decide and to give him a sign to do what is best.

The next morning, his wife was having a coffee with her daughter while Elias was still sleeping. She ran to his room to show him what the residue of the coffee has marked in the cup. St. Charbel's face was clearly painted in the cup with the face of St. Rafca.

Elias told his wife that this was the sign he asked St. Charbel for. He went to a professional photographer asking him to take a picture of the cup. The photographer asked Elias to come by with the cup because the photos turned out blank. He said to Elias that he's never seen anything like this in his entire life.

Elias, holding the cup in his hand, said those words to St. Charbel:

St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) 15f24gn

"St. Charbel, I will distribute your pictures all over the world at my own expense. Please help the photographer take the pictures." The photographer tried to take the picture of the cup and the camera worked.

Elias' story is a proof of God's glory through his saints. The photos attached to this article are nothing short of another great miracle of St. Charbel. Elias lives cancer free today. He is a living testimony of God's great love and mercy and the unstoppable intercession of St. Chabel the Saint of Lebanon.

Source:  http://www.stanthonysparish.com/saints/a-living-miracle.html

Last edited by Our-Lady-Of-Victory on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:50 am; edited 3 times in total

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Last night when I was posting a miracle of St. Charbel, I kept studying the photo looking for St. Rafqa. I never found her. 
When I was gazing upon St. Charbel's face.. I thought.. "Hey I recognize that face!"
Suddenly I recognized Christ's face in St. Charbel's face in the Shroud of Turin!
The resemblance is astonishing!

St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) F5a843

St. Charbel Makhlouf  (القديس شربل مخلوف ) Dqt3sz

There's something mysterious, gentle & intriguing about the countenance of St. Charbel... I can't put my finger on it... I really-really like him ...

Steven

Prayer To Saint Charbel

O God of Silence, in stillness Your adorable and mysterious Trinity lives, loves and acts. In the silence of time, Your great Mysteries have been accomplished. Blessed is the one who quiets everything within himself and listens to the impelling voice which leads to You. Charbel heard this voice and closed himself in solitude. He separated himself from a self-seeking world and spoke with You. You taught him to deny himself and to die, like the grain of wheat. You asked him to bind himself to You in a life of poverty, chastity and obedience. Freed from himself, he discovered You, 0 Lord, embraced the way of the Cross and filled his spirit with the memory of Your Son’s passion and death. The holy Mysteries became his life, the Eucharist his real food and the Mother of God his consolation. Day and night he sought You in the Scriptures and in the lives of the saints. Through unending prayer his whole life became a living hymn of praise to You and ended in a sacrifice of love that continues to proclaim Your glory. We beseech You, through his intercession, to inspire us to a life of prayer and sacrifice. Help us to live lives of quiet dedication to the service of Your Church, forever.

Amen

Steven

It has been about one month since my cigarette smoking habit has been lifted. I asked Saint Charbel to help me to stop smoking and he did. No patch, gum, drugs...nothing. It was just lifted...no withdrawal, nothing. I just stopped smoking and that was it.

Saint Charbel is a living Saint.

Steven

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Time: 4.59 minutes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum