Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

See  this  remarkable  rescued for Haiti 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

See this remarkable rescued for Haiti

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1See  this  remarkable  rescued for Haiti Empty See this remarkable rescued for Haiti Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:32 pm

trust in him

Baby Winnie rescued

[flash][/flash]

Thanks be to God

Last edited by trust in him on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

trust in him

4See  this  remarkable  rescued for Haiti Empty Dogs help Haiti rescue effort.. Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:57 pm

trust in him

5See  this  remarkable  rescued for Haiti Empty Pregnant Woman Pulled From Rubble Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:58 pm

trust in him

trust in him

trust in him

trust in him

See  this  remarkable  rescued for Haiti 34xp0xy............See  this  remarkable  rescued for Haiti 15dnh4o

A woman has been rescued after spending a week buried under a collapsed cathedral in quake-hit Haiti, giving aid workers renewed hope today that more people can be saved.
Dust-covered Ena Zizi, 69, was pulled free yesterday by Mexican firefighters from the wreckage of the Roman Catholic cathedral in the capital Port-au-Prince and declared: 'I'm all right, sort of.'
Experts have said that without water, buried quake victims were unlikely to survive beyond three days.
Christian Aid charity worker Sarah Wilson, who watched the rescue, said: 'It was an amazing thing to witness, no-one could believe she was still alive. Ena was rescued by a Mexican disaster team that was created in the wake of Mexico City's 1985 earthquake.

Zizi said that after the quake, she spoke back and forth with a vicar who also was trapped.
But after a few days, he fell silent, and she spent the rest of the time praying and waiting.
'I talked only to my boss, God,' she said. 'And I didn't need any more humans.'
Doctors who examined her said she was dehydrated and had a dislocated hip and a broken leg.
Her son, Maxime Janvier, told broadcaster CNN that he never gave up hope that she would be found.
'We were praying a lot for that to happen,' he said.
Elsewhere in the capital, two women were pulled from a destroyed university building. And near midnight Tuesday, a smiling and singing Lozama Hotteline, 26, was carried to safety from a collapsed store by French rescuers.
In another part of the city the threat of looting and its consequences were becoming more apparent in the quake's aftermath. A 15-year-old girl was found shot in the head after looting from store.
Residents are becoming increasingly desperate for food, water and medicine with aid agencies only just able to reach those who need help most.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1244602/Haiti-earthquake-Miracle-woman-69-pulled-alive-rubble-seven-days-disaster.html#ixzz0dAWt2KSq

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1244602/Haiti-earthquake-Miracle-woman-69-pulled-alive-rubble-seven-days-disaster.html#ixzz0dAWgJgRH

9See  this  remarkable  rescued for Haiti Empty Southbury Deacon,Rescued From Haiti Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:12 pm

trust in him

http://www.courant.com/news/nation-world/haiti-earthquake/hc-haiti-dietsch-0120jan20,0,1868430.story

SOUTHBURY — - Prayers filled his thoughts for 10 hours as Chuck Dietsch awaited rescue or death.

All around him, Dietsch heard screams. People were in pain or mourning as they discovered the bodies of loved ones killed from falling debris during the earthquake that shattered Port-au-Prince, Haiti, on Jan. 12. He and fellow volunteer Jillian Thorp also were suffering. Trapped beneath what had been their mission house, they lay together, in and out of consciousness as they began losing air, his body eventually going into shock from the pain.

Pausing several times Tuesday morning to regain his composure, Dietsch recounted a night "filled with horror and terror." He stood at the pulpit of Sacred Heart Church in Southbury, of which he is a deacon. He said he called the news conference to bring attention to the help the victims will need.

"We prayed for the many people that we heard. There was a lot of noise that night, not just the earthquake. Half the people on our front street died," Dietsch said. "The sounds were horrific because death filled the night."

Staff members of the mission house, which is run by Haitian Ministries for the Diocese of Norwich, usually leave every day at 4 p.m. Dietsch, who turned 66 on Monday, and Thorp, 23, were the only two who had stayed behind. They were on the second floor of the building.

"When the ground began to move, she did not recognize what was happening," Dietsch recalled. But, because he'd lived in California, he knew that feeling. He grabbed Thorp and the two stood in a doorway as they fell along with the second floor.

They were confined to a small space, his back pinned against a concrete block and her legs pinned on top of him. A 2-by-4 that had fallen, badly injuring his left hand, was propping up the rest of the debris on top of them. They felt hope when a staff member of the mission house returned at about 1 a.m. to see if they were OK. Their yells caught the staff member's attention who left and returned with two other Haitian men. The three, along with Thorp's husband, Frank Thorp, worked until 3 a.m. digging with their hands to save Dietsch and Jillian Thorp.

The Haitian Ministries supports artisans and their families, provides education through a scholarship program and provides medical care and emergency relief, Dietsch explained.

"We're there to help the Haitians live a better life and they saved my life," he said, while trying to keep his composure. "There is no way we can ever repay them."

Dietsch and Thorp, an Old Saybrook native who now lives in Washington, D.C., were taken to the American Embassy in Haiti and later flown to a hospital in the Dominican Republic. Dietsch arrived at Bradley International Airport Thursday night.

Dietsch has a deep gash on his left hand and many bad bruises, including around his left eye. He said his entire back is one large bruise. Upon his return to Connecticut, Dietsch spent many hours in the emergency room at Danbury Hospital. He said he has temporary nerve damage and that his kidneys had shut down. He is having surgery today to repair his hand.

Dietsch had been in Haiti since Jan. 6 and was planning to stay until the end of March. In addition to his and his wife's work with the Haitian Ministries, their church has been working for the past few years with a parish in Haiti. He and his wife, Dorne, with whom he celebrated his 43rd wedding anniversary the day after he came back, plan to return to Haiti.

"I'm alive because of the grace of God. I can't go through the rest of my retired life saying, 'God saved me and now life is wonderful.'... God wants us to help the Haitian people," he said.

The country needs economic, educational and social rebuilding, "which will provide hope and dignity for her people," Dietsch said. "I pray that, this time, the world will take action."

See  this  remarkable  rescued for Haiti 5vyg5u

NEW HAVEN, Conn. — A Catholic missionary from Connecticut says a series of miracles allowed him to survive 10 hours trapped under earthquake rubble in Haiti.

Chuck Dietsch told The Associated Press on Tuesday that a 2-by-4 created an air pocket after he became pinned on his back on a concrete block with a colleague partially on top of him.

Dietsch is a 66-year-old Southbury resident who worked for a Catholic mission house in Haiti.

He says that the walls and floors started shifting, he pulled his colleague into a doorway. He says the next jolt brought the whole house on top of them.

Their yells eventually brought the attention of a guard who got two other men to help dig out the trapped workers.

trust in him

http://www.madeformums.com/baby/miracle-baby-rescued-in-haiti-rubble/4823.html
Miracle baby rescued in Haiti rubble
Newborn baby found alive more than a week after earthquake hit

Posted: 22 January 2010
by Liz Stansfield

A 22-day-old baby buried in the rubble in Haiti when the earthquake hit on January 12 has been found alive and well.

Little Elizabeth Josaint was rescued after being trapped alone for eight days in the remains of her home, after her mum, Michelin, put her to bed just minutes before the 7.0 magnitude earthquake hit.

Baby Eizabeth was left trapped between the ceiling and her cot for more than a week before she was pulled from the rubble in her hometown of Jacmel.

Rescue workers are now staying in the town to hunt for more survivors after Elizabeth’s miracle escape.

http://www.bermudasun.bm/main.asp?SectionID=24&SubSectionID=270&ArticleID=44368
Island doc witnesses baby's rescue from Haiti's rubble
Witnessing the rescue of a 22-day-old baby on her first day in Haiti was an inspirational moment for Bermuda doctor Tiffany Keenan.

She jetted into Jacmel earlier this week to help provide medical support in the wake of last week's earthquake.

Dr. Keenan, a Canadian who works at King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, witnessed a baby being pulled from the rubble on her first day in the southern port town, which is about 12 miles from the quake's epicenter.

"She is alive, cried when they inserted her intravenous line and then peed shortly after. The power and life of a newborn," wrote Dr Keenan in her blog report on Tuesday.

Hope turned to fear the following night when she felt tremors from the aftershock of the earthquake - a second quake of magnitude 6.1 struck in the early hours of Wednesday.

Dr. Kennan wrote: "I was just barely awake this morning when the building began to shake.

"Being my first night in country I wasn't prepared psychologically. I felt like a train was coming but then the shaking continued. I ran outside, just on the balcony but quickly went downstairs. I'm not sure how long it lasted but likely at least 30 seconds."

The second quake did not cause too much additional damage.

But Dr. Keenan said it left people shaken and many Haitians were unwilling to sleep in their homes for fear of yet another earthquake.

Her role in Jacmel has been to help co-ordinate medical supplies arriving from across the world. There is a surplus of doctors in the town but an extreme lack of supplies.

Dr. Keenan said 25 planes arrived yesterday along with U.S. and Canadian Blackhawk helicopters. But basic medical necessities like anaesthetic are still in short supply.

Tomorrow she hopes to fly to the outlying areas surrounding Jacmel.

She said: "The epicenter of the earthquake hit Grand Goave and Petit Goave not much more than 20 miles from here.

"We had a medical team of EMTs out there today and they witnessed devastation. Four people in need of amputations, one amputation in the field with a saw and no anesthetic, a field of 1,500 people awaiting health care.

"We are trying to arrange flights there tomorrow."

Dr Keenan, who personally paid for gas to feed the generator at the hospital, said lack of coordination of volunteers is an obstacle.

Much of yesterday afternoon was spent trying to organise the different groups to coordinate with each other, with the hospital and the Ministry of Health to get personnel and supplies to the areas they are most urgently required.

Dr Keenan, who has worked in Bermuda since 2008 and been involved in projects in Haiti since 2006, does not fear for her safety.

She is staying with a friend, Gwen Mangine, who works with the organization Joy In Hope.

"Truly, our house is very secure and I feel comfortable here," she said.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum