Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

"Our Blessed Lady has come to me" St. Thérèse of Lisieux 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Our Blessed Lady has come to me" St. Thérèse of Lisieux

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Easter-won

Easter-won

Thérèse was often sick; she began to suffer from nervous tremors. The tremors started one night after her uncle took her for a walk and began to talk about Zélie. Assuming that she was cold, the family covered Therese with blankets, but the tremors continued; she clenched her teeth and could not speak. The family called Dr. Notta, who could make no diagnosis.[16] In 1882, Dr Gayral diagnosed that Thérèse "reacts to an emotional frustration with a neurotic attack."[17] An alarmed, but cloistered, Pauline began to write letters to Thérèse and attempted various strategies to intervene. Eventually Thérèse recovered after she had turned to gaze at a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary and reported on 13 May 1883 that she had seen the Virgin smile at her.[18][19] She wrote: "Our Blessed Lady has come to me, she has smiled upon me. How happy I am".[20] The date 13 May later became a significant Marian date at Our Lady of Fátima, long after Thérèse's death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thérèse_of_Lisieux

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum