Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Prayer Before a Manger Scene 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prayer Before a Manger Scene

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Prayer Before a Manger Scene Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:57 am

Easter-won

Easter-won

written by Fr. Peter John Cameron for "The Magnificat"

No one, whether shepherd or wise man, can approach God here below except by kneeling before the manger at Bethlehem and adoring Him hidden in the weakness of a new-born child." (CCC 563)

Lord Jesus, as I kneel before your manger in adoration, let my first Christmas word be: 'Thank You'. Thank you, Gift of the Father, for coming to save me from my sins.

Without You I do not know even how to be human. The characteristics of Your human body express the Divine Person of God's Son. And in that wondrous expression, Lord, You reveal me to myself. Thank you for that saving revelation in Your sacred humanity. As the Christmas liturgy proclaims, "In Christ, Man restores to man the gift of everlasting life." Thank you for coming as one like myself to save me from myself.

You came as a baby because babies are irresistible and adorable. You came as a baby because You want our first impression of God Incarnate to be that of one who does not judge. How I long to be united with You in every way. May I never be attracted to the allurements and charms of the world. May I love You always, at every moment, with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. May the tenderness, the dependency, and the mercy that You reveal in Your infancy become the hallmarks of my life.

Newborn Savior, the very silence of Your Incarnation proclaims that the answer to the misery, the strife, and the meaningless of life cannot be found within us. You alone are the answer. As I kneel before You, Eternal King, I surrender to You all my selfishness, self-absorption, self-indulgence, self-righteousness, self-assertion, and self-exaltation. Even as I adore You on this night of Your birth, rid me of the nagging desire to be adored.

Word became flesh, You make Your dwelling among us. And You do not live Your life for Yourself, but for us. And You enable us to live in You all that You Yourself lived. Help me to embrace this truth with all my mind and heart. Come and live Your life in me. Empty me of my willfulness, my petulance, my hardness, my cynicism, my contemptuousness. Fill me with Your truth, Your strength, Your fortitude, Your purity, Your gentleness, Your generosity, Your wisdom, Your heart, and Your grace.

O Emmanuel, may the assurance of Your unfailing Presence be for me, the source of unending peace. May I never fear my weakness, my inadequacy, or my imperfection. Rather, as I gaze with faith, hope, and love upon Your incarnate littleness, may I love my own littleness, for God is with us. Endow my life with a holy wonder that leads me ever more deeply into the Mystery of Redemption and the meaning of my vocation and destiny.

Longed-for Messiah, Your servant St. Leo the Great well wrote that in the very act of reverencing the birth of our Savior, we are also celebrating our own new birth. From this night on, may my life be a dedicated life of faith marked by holy reliance, receptivity, and resoluteness. May I make my life a total gift of self. May my humble worship of Your nativity manifest how much I seek the Father's kingship and His way of holiness. The beauty of Your holy face bears the promise that Your Father will provide for us in all things. This Christmas I renew my trust in God's goodness, compassion and providence. I long for the day when You will teach us to pray, "Our Father.."

May Your presence, Prince of Peace, bless the world with peace, the poor with care and prosperity, the despairing with hope and confidence, the grieving with comfort and gladness, the oppressed with freedom and deliverance, the suffering with solace and relief. Loving Jesus, You are the only real joy of every human heart. I place all my trust in You.

Oh, Divine fruit of Mary's womb. May I love You in union with the holy Mother of God. May my life be filled with the obedience of St. Joseph and the missionary fervor of the shepherds so that the witness of my life may shine like the star that leads the Magi to Your manger. I ask all this with great confidence in Your Holy Name, Jesus Christ. Amen.

We went to Midnight Mass this year with the children, and something that I read in my Magnificat made me cry throughout the beautiful Holy Mass. ( The Magnificat is a monthly subscription that contains all of the scripture readings assigned to each Mass and the meditations and homilies from the Early Church Fathers from the very beginnings of the Church --all the way to Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict's spiritual writings)

Prayer Before a Manger Scene, written by Fr. Peter John Cameron for "The Magnificat"

No one, whether shepherd or wise man, can approach God here below except by kneeling before the manger at Bethlehem and adoring Him hidden in the weakness of a new-born child." (CCC 563)

Lord Jesus, as I kneel before your manger in adoration, let my first Christmas word be: 'Thank You'. Thank you, Goft of the Father, for coming to save me from my sins.

Without you I do not know even how to be human. The chqracteristics of your human body express the divine person of God's son. And in that wonderous expression Lord, you reveal me to myself. Thank you for that saving revelation in your sacred humanity. As the Chritmas liturgy proclaims, "In Christ, Man restores to man the gift of everlasting life." Thank you for coming as one like myself to restore me to myself.

You came as a baby becasue babies are irresistable and adorable. You came as a baby because you want our firt impression of God incararnate to be that of one who does not judge. How I long to b united with you in every eay. May I never be attracted to the allurements and chamrs of the world. May I love you always, at every moment, with alll my heart, soul, mind and strength. May the tenderness, the dependency, and the mercy that you reveal in your infancy become the hallmarks of my life.

Newborn Savior, the very silence of your Incarnation proclaims that the answer to misery, the strife, and the meaningless of life cannot be found within us. You alone are the Answer. As I kneel before you, eternal King, I suurender toyou all my selfishness, self-absorbtion, self-indulgence, self-righeousness, self-assertion, and self-exaltation. Even as I adore you on this night of your birth, rid me of the nagging desire to be adored.

Word became flesh, you make your dwelling among us. And you enable us to live in you, all that you yourself lived. Help me to embrace this truth with all my mind and heart. Come and live your life in me. Empty me of my willfulness, my petulanc e, my hardness, my synicism, my contemptuousness. Fill me with your truth, your strength, your fortitude, your purity, your gentleness, your generousity, your wisdom, your heart, and your grace.

O Emmanuael, may the assurance of your unfailing Presence be for me, the source of unending peace. May I never fear my weakness, my inadequecy, or my imperfection. Rather, as I gaze with faith, hope, and love upon Your incarnate littleness, may I love my own littleness, for God is with us. Endow my life with a holy wonder that leads me ever more deeply into the Mystery of Redemption and the meaning of my vocation and destiny.

Longed for Messiah, your servant St. Leo the Great wrote that in the very act of reverencing the birth of our Savior, we are also celebrating our own new birth. From this night on, may my life be dedicated by life of faith marked by Holy Reliance, receptivity, and resoluteness. May I make my life the total gift of self. May my humble worship of Your Nativity manifest how much I seek the Father's Kingship and His way of hominess. The beauty of Your holy face bears the promise that our Father will provide for us in all things. This Christmas I renew my trust in God's goodness, compassion and providence. I long for the day when You will teach us to pray, "Our Father.."

May Your presence, Prince of Peace, bless the world with peace, the poor with care and prosperity, the despairing with hope and confidence, the grieving with comfort and gladness, the oppressed with freedom and deliverance, the suffering with solace and relief. Loving Jesus, You're the only real joy of every human heart. I place all my trust in You.

O Divine fruit of Mary's womb. May I love you in union with the holy Mother of God. May my life be filled with the obedience of St. Joseph and the missionary fervor of the shepherds so that the witness of my life, may shine like the star that leads the Magi to Your manger. I ask as this with great confidence in Your Holy Name. Amen.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:19 pm

jed

Amen!

3Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:36 am

jed

4Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:33 pm

jed

Hail Mary prayed.
God bless.

5Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:25 pm

jed

Prayer Before a Manger Scene Hailma10
Hail Mary prayed.
God bless.

6Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:09 am

jed

Prayer Before a Manger Scene Images12
God bless.

7Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:45 am

Easter-won

Easter-won

Amen........

praying highprayer highprayer highprayer signofcross

8Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:38 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

jed wrote:Amen!
AMEN

9Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:40 pm

jed

Hail Mary prayed.
God bless.

10Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

11Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:07 am

trust in him

Lord Jesus, as I kneel before your manger in adoration, let my first Christmas word be: 'Thank You'. Thank you, Gift of the Father, for coming to save me from my sins.

Amen.

Our Father.....
Hail Mary.......
Glory be........
highprayer

12Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:15 am

jed

Hail Mary prayed.
God bless.

13Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:59 pm

jed

Hail Mary prayed.
God bless.

14Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:30 pm

jed

Hail Mary prayed.
God bless.

15Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:40 pm

jed

Hail Mary prayed.
God bless.

16Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:55 pm

jed

Hail Mary prayed.
God bless.

17Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:22 pm

jed

Hail Mary prayed.
God bless.

18Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:25 pm

jed

Hail Mary prayed.
God bless.
highprayer

19Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:11 am

jed

Hail Mary prayed.
God bless.
signofcross

20Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:16 pm

jed

Hail Mary prayed.
God bless.

21Prayer Before a Manger Scene Empty Re: Prayer Before a Manger Scene Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:04 pm

trust in him

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum