Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

A True Angel Story 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

A True Angel Story

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A True Angel Story Empty A True Angel Story Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:31 am

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

http://www.joanwanderson.com

A reader saw a story on the series "The Enforcers," which appears on Investigation Discovery Channel. (We don't get that channel so I haven't personally seen this, but I trust our reader.) This particular episode involved a five-year-old girl, the daughter of a police officer. One morning as everyone was getting ready for school and work, the child (we'll call her Karen) came to her dad with a strange plea. "Are you wearing your bullet-proof vest, Daddy?" Karen asked.

"Not today, sweetheart. There's nothing important coming up." Her father was already dressed, and ready to leave. To his surprise, Karen threw a mini-fit. "You HAVE to wear it today, Daddy, pleeeeese! Put it on now!"

It was odd behavior because Karen was usually an easy-going and obedient child, and rarely got involved with her father’s job. But because she seemed so adament, Dad (we'll call him Tom) relented, took off his shirt and put on his vest, then finished getting dressed again. That seemed to satisfy Karen, at least at first, but when Tom drove her to school and pulled up in front, she became upset again. "Daddy, can't you come in and go to school with me today?" she pleaded several times.

"Honey, you know I can't. I have to go to work," Tom explained, again puzzled. Karen never balked at going to school. "Don't worry---everything is fine." Reluctantly Karen obeyed.

Later that day Tom and a few other officers got a call about an elderly mentally-ill man who needed to be picked up at his home, and brought to an institution. Tame stuff, the officers agreed. But when they approached his door, the man pulled a gun on them, and shot Tom several times in his arms. "Officer down!" the frantic call went out.

Eventually the men were able to get the man to surrender without anyone else being hurt, and Tom was taken to the hospital. The wounds in his arms were serious, but the e.r. doctors agreed that the bullet-proof vest had saved Tom's life. His wife was notified, and she took Karen out of school and brought her along to the hospital. "Daddy's been hurt, but he'd going to be all right," she attempted to prepare Karen.

"Did he get hurt in his arms?" the little girl immediately asked.

"I don't know. The people at the hospital didn't tell me," her mother responded. His arms? What was her daughter talking about? It was a strange question to ask.

When Tom's wife learned that he had, indeed, been shot in his arms, she was taken aback. But she forgot about everything for the next few hours, as the teams worked on Tom. When it became obvious that he was going to be all right, the couple turned their attention to Karen. How did she know this morning that Tom would need his vest today?

"I saw a bright light in my room," she told them. "And a lady was there, an angel."
"An angel?" her mother knew nothing about angels. They had never been discussed in the house.
"She had beautiful wings," Karen went on, her eyes shining. "She said to tell Daddy to wear his vest today."
"So that's why you...." Tom was beginning to understand.

"Uh-huh. And then she came again at school, and she said Daddy would be shot in his arms, but he would be okay." She beamed at them. "And Daddy, you ARE!"

And a little child will lead them... It had been years since Tom had thought about God and His angels. But thanks to the obedience of his daughter, his life had been saved. There would be some changes made, and soon, Tom decided. But for now, his heart overflowing with gratitude, he closed his eyes to sleep.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum