Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

PRAY FOR MY CONVERSION 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

PRAY FOR MY CONVERSION

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PRAY FOR MY CONVERSION Empty PRAY FOR MY CONVERSION Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:21 pm

NeedImprovement

NeedImprovement
Admin

Medjugorje Message: May 25, 2013

Dear children!  Today I call you to be strong and resolute in faith and prayer, until your prayers are so strong so as to open the Heart of my beloved Son Jesus.  Pray little children, pray without ceasing until your heart opens to God’s love.  I am with you and I intercede for all of you and I pray for your conversion.  Thank you for having responded to my call.

I   PRAY FOR MY CONVERSION

“Pray for my conversion ; pray for your conversion.”

Now there’s something we don’t hear fervent, believing, practicing Catholics say to one another very often. Yet , our Blessed Mother tells us simply and clearly that She most definitely is praying for our conversion . . . for your conversion and for my conversion.

The biography written by Fr. H.P. Bergeron, CSC,  entitled  The Wonder Man of Mount Royal depicting the life of Montreal’s own  St. André Bessette  (Brother André) , is an awesome read. It recounts details of miracles that were occurring practically on a daily basis at St. Joseph’s Oratory up until the good Brother’s passing in 1937. Hearing about contemporary miracles, tends to stir up the embers of faith in our souls and there is lots which is “stirring” in that particular book. But what always struck me , as much as the miracles, even after reading the book a fourth time, is the fact that St. André had the habit of asking his friends :

Pray for my conversion.

CONVERSION IS A LIFELONG PROCESS

If we wish to make any progress in our spiritual life , we must be able to recognize the truth – in every situation. What our Blessed Mother is saying in her  true, gentle way, is that every one of us is still in need of conversion.  This applies equally to  those  who may have already had a major conversion experience in  their lives – even one as  dramatic as St. Paul’s : We are still all in need of conversion ; and conversion – yours and mine,  is  a lifelong process .

Nowhere does this become more evident to us personally, than in the confessional.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches about the need of an ongoing conversion in each one of our lives :

1427    Jesus calls to conversion. This call is an essential part of the proclamation of the kingdom: "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel." In the Church's preaching this call is addressed first to those who do not yet know Christ and his Gospel. Also, Baptism is the principal place for the first and fundamental conversion. It is by faith in the Gospel and by Baptism that one renounces evil and gains salvation, that is, the forgiveness of all sins and the gift of new life.

1428    Christ's call to conversion continues to resound in the lives of Christians. This second conversion is an uninterrupted task for the whole Church who, "clasping sinners to her bosom, [is] at once holy and always in need of purification, [and] follows constantly the path of penance and renewal." This endeavor of conversion is not just a human work. It is the movement of a "contrite heart," drawn and moved by grace to respond to the merciful love of God who loved us first.

1429    St. Peter's conversion after he had denied his master three times bears witness to this. Jesus' look of infinite mercy drew tears of repentance from Peter and, after the Lord's resurrection, a threefold affirmation of love for him. The second conversion also has a communitarian dimension, as is clear in the Lord's call to a whole Church: "Repent!"

St. Ambrose says of the two conversions that, in the Church, "there are water and tears: the water of Baptism and the tears of repentance."

http://catholicism.org/br-andre.html

http://saltandlighttv.org/blog/saints-and-blesseds/cco-rise-up-keynote-address-brother-andre-bessette-montreal%E2%80%99s-miracle-man-who-was-caritas-in-veritate

Last edited by NeedImprovement on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

2PRAY FOR MY CONVERSION Empty Re: PRAY FOR MY CONVERSION Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:58 pm

NeedImprovement

NeedImprovement
Admin

II    THE SACRAMENTAL  APPLICATION

Thus it becomes evident, Our Lady is still asking us, as She has in previous messages,  to make use of the sacrament of Reconciliation. . . consistently,  to keep us on the right path. This is one part of “responding”  to Her “call”. Because the sacrament of Reconciliation is one of healing , it helps to keep us “resolute” . And in the sacrament of Reconciliation, we do indeed open our heart to God.

But with all those fresh good  intentions which can follow after Confession, we never get very far without the Holy Eucharist. So let’s  examine Our Blessed Mother’s words again from her most recent love letter to us, to try and determine what its Eucharistic application might be:

May 25, 2013 Message to Marija
"Dear children! Today I call you to be strong and resolute in faith and prayer, until your prayers are so strong so as to open the Heart of my beloved Son Jesus. Pray little children, pray without ceasing until your heart opens to God’s love. I am with you and I intercede for all of you and I pray for your conversion. Thank you for having responded to my call."

Before we can open the ”Heart of my beloved Son Jesus”, we need to  “open our own hearts to God’s love” – by “praying . . . praying without ceasing” . The implication here isn’t so much beginning one’s waking moment with  the Rosary and continuing until  one falls asleep at night (although according to Mary Pyle),

. . . aside from all of Padre Pio's daily priestly duties, he said a fifteen decade Rosary thirty-five (35) or more times each day.     

ehh

It is more a confirmation of the truth that everything can become a prayer, particularly if we are doing our utmost to walk with God ; and receiving Him and contemplating Him in the Holy Eucharist is an excellent way to walk with Him.  Staying close to Our Blessed Mother – especially through the Rosary , is another sure way to draw close to God. She will always lead us to her Son in the Eucharist.

The word communion is made up of two words: common and union , and the movement of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is entirely oriented to the intimate union of the faithful with Our Blessed Lord in Holy Communion:

CCC

VI.  THE PASCAL BANQUET

1382 The Mass is at the same time, and inseparably, the sacrificial memorial in which the sacrifice of the cross is perpetuated and the sacred banquet of communion with the Lord's body and blood. But the celebration of the Eucharistic sacrifice is wholly directed toward the intimate union of the faithful with Christ through communion. To receive communion is to receive Christ himself who has offered himself for us.

Our Blessed Lord told St. Faustina:

Oh how painful it is to Me that souls so seldom unite themselves to Me in Holy Communion. I wait for souls and they are indifferent toward Me. I love them tenderly and sincerely and they distrust Me. I want to lavish my graces on them and they do not want to accept them. They treat Me as a dead object where as My heart is full of love and mercy. (Diary 1447)

This Eucharistic Heart - full of love and mercy,  so ready to lavish His graces on us , is the Heart of God Himself;  God who desires to love us intimately , and not only as God , but as a Father, a Brother , a lover . . . a best friend .

In our human frailty, we have this tendency of being  a little afraid to draw that close to Our Blessed Lord , yet, we never seem able to provide a reasonable explanation which could ever justify having such a fear.  Being “resolute in faith” means we have to be willing to trust God  , especially in those situations we can neither fully comprehend , nor have any control over.

. . . All of which definitely suggests we remain  in need of more conversion .

St Therese of Lisieux – Doctor of the Church,  once wrote that she could not understand how anyone could be afraid of a God who became a child.

Luke 15:20

While he was still a long way off, his father caught sight of him, and was filled with compassion. He ran to his son, embraced him and kissed him

http://www.romancatholicism.org/therese2.htm

PRAY FOR MY CONVERSION MISERERE_CONFESSION

PRAY FOR MY CONVERSION Padre20Pio1

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum