Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

NZ dog awarded posthumous honour 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

NZ dog awarded posthumous honour

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NZ dog awarded posthumous honour Empty NZ dog awarded posthumous honour Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Admin

NZ dog awarded posthumous honour 4vp7xx

A dog which died protecting a group of children from two pitbull terriers in New Zealand has been given the highest honour for animals.
George, a Jack Russell from Manaia, in Taranaki on New Zealand's North Island, fended off the two dogs, allowing the children to escape.
But he was badly hurt in the April 2007 incident and had to be put down.
His owner, Alan Gay, was presented with the PDSA gold medal by New Zealand's Governor-General Anand Satyanand.
Mr Gay paid tribute to his pet.
"He was a brilliant little dog, intelligent. You couldn't insult him. I'd call him 'dipstick' and he wouldn't have anything to do with me," he told TVNZ.
George is the first dog from New Zealand to receive the honour, which is the equivalent of the Commonwealth's highest civilian honour, the George Cross.

2NZ dog awarded posthumous honour Empty Re: NZ dog awarded posthumous honour Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:20 am

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Sad Aww... heart I missed reading this post on February 11th...... that poor doggy..... bighanky

-----

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum