Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Vitamin C: very important 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vitamin C: very important

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vitamin C: very important Empty Vitamin C: very important Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:09 pm

jed

Vitamin C

Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin which is essential for normal functioning of the body. Unlike most mammals, humans don't have the ability to make their own vitamin C. We must therefore obtain vitamin C through our diet.

Ideally one would take the natural form of vitamin C which is in fresh vegetables and fruits. One needs fresh non-processed vegetables and some fruits to obtain vitamin C. Juicing is a great way to get vitamin C through fruits and vegetables.

The FDA recommends that we get 60 mgs of vitamin C per day. Are there any benefits which can be obtained from consuming more Vitamin C than the FDA's recommended daily intake of a miserable 60mg - barely enough to keep one out of rags and scurvy.

Dr. Frederick Klenner was probably the leading authority on the clinical use of vitamin C. On the question of when vitamin C is appropriate Dr. Klenner said "Vitamin C should be given to the patient while the doctors ponder the diagnosis."

Dr Linus Pauling, often referred to as the "Father of Vitamin C" and twice awarded the Nobel Prize, declared that large intakes of up to 10 grams of vitamin C each day aids anti-cancer activity within the body.

Pauling was largely ridiculed for making these declarations, but today, large doses of Vitamin C are used by many practitioners for cancer patients in nutritional therapies, who believe Pauling was right and that vitamin C is indispensable to the body in its fight to regain health from cancer.

Linus Pauling wrote the book, "How to Live Longer and Feel Better". (He also wrote "Vitamin C and the Common Cold") . I had heard of Linus Pauling and since living longer and feeling better sounded desirable, I bought the book. I was captivated. Pauling presents the case for Vitamin C supplementation so well and backs it up with so much evidence that this is a book I highly recommend.

To find out what Linus Pauling, 2-time Nobel Prize laureate, thought about vitamin C supplementation, let's look at an excerpt from an interview with Linus Pauling and Tony Edwards for QED BBC Television.

Q: What do you feel about the major criticism that anything over 100mg of vitamin C is a waste of money and goes down the drain because it's eliminated by the body?
A: The evidence shows that this is just not true. I myself, 20 years ago or more, read this statement, probably made by Fred Stare, professor then at Harvard School of Public Health, and I decided to check. I was taking 10 grams per day of vitamin C. I collected my urine for 24 hours and analyzed it myself for the vitamin C content.

Instead of nearly 10,000mg being eliminated in the urine, 9850mg, I found only 1,500mg, 15% of the dose that I was taking during this trial, so the statement just is not true. Of course, some of the ingested ascorbate remains in the intestinal contents and doesn't get into the blood stream. It may be as much as 1/3.

Some evidence indicates that perhaps as much as 1/3 remains in the intestinal contents. Well, this does good, protecting the lower bowel against cancer by destroying carcinogens that are present in the fecal material and also does good because of the laxative effect of bringing water into the bowel so that the volume of the waste material is larger.

There's also a smaller surface area which helps speed up the process of elimination of this material. The rest of it, 2/3 perhaps 6.5 grams when I was taking 10 grams a day, gets into the blood stream but only 1.5 grams is eliminated in the urine.

So we can ask what happens to the other 5 grams? The answer I'm sure, in fact we have direct experimental evidence for it, is that vitamin C is rapidly converted into other substances, oxidation products and these other substances, these oxidation products have been shown to have greater value against cancer than vitamin C itself.

So if you take large doses of vitamin C you produce large amounts of these other substances, the value of which is still under investigation. We have been studying it for fifteen years.

Q: How do you decide how much vitamin C is right for you and, if you take 3 grams should it be split throughout the day?
In my opinion adults should be taking at least 2 grams a day. There is much evidence about increased health with 2 grams a day, and of course even more with 4 or 6 grams a day. Even an extra 60mg had been shown to add value in cutting down the death rate from heart disease, cancer and other diseases. Now my feeling is as people grow older they ought to be increasing their vitamin C and perhaps they should follow the policy that I have followed of increasing the intake.

It can be either one chunk, one dose in the morning, or even better 3 doses throughout the day, increasing the intake until a laxative effect is observed, speeding up the rate of elimination of waste material from the bowel. So my suggestion is every person who wants to have the best of health should increase the intake of vitamin C to somewhat less than the amount that causes significant looseness of the bowel.

2Vitamin C: very important Empty Re: Vitamin C: very important Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Twisted Evil The FDA and the pharmaceutical companies are ''in bed together.'' It's all about the $$$$...Twisted Evil

Evil or Very Mad And they don't cool off....coolinoff.... Evil or Very Mad

idea Exclamation Exclamation So keep taking your medicinal herbs and check out oriental medicine Exclamation Exclamation.. (touche'..)idea

------ballspin Thank God it's FRIDAY Exclamation ballspin ..-----

3Vitamin C: very important Empty Re: Vitamin C: very important Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:35 pm

Easter-won

Easter-won

pepper, pepper every one, keep your cold away!

Red pepper contain much of vitamin C. (it is the vegetable that have the most vitamin C) http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=50

You can eat it raw, like an apple.
or you can eat it cooked like red pepper soup.

no need to do much of any thing but get a bundle of Vitamin C and help the farmers

and I think it will keep the CIA away too.

Bonus. you can make a Red Flower out of Red pepper and have it for Valentine day (tomorrow)
use skinny long knite , hold the top of pepper sliced it down to the bottom make it into wedge all around and try to open it up with you figure
then soak it in ice cold water till it open up in to a flower.

Thanks God for Valentine day.

heart heart heart Happy Valentine heart heart heart

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum