Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Pastor Rick Warren to Obama: Don't Just Make Abortions Rare, Eliminate Them 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pastor Rick Warren to Obama: Don't Just Make Abortions Rare, Eliminate Them

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.lifenews.com/nat4668.html

Yes!!!!

Pastor Rick Warren to Obama: Don't Just Make Abortions Rare, Eliminate Them

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
December 16, 2008

Lake Forest, CA (LifeNews.com) -- In a new interview, Pastor Rick Warren, the lead pastor of Saddleback Church in California, says he doesn't favor just making abortions rare. Likening stopping abortions to protecting Jews from the Holocaust, he says abortion should be eliminated so women and unborn children are fully protected.

Former president Bill Clinton first made the notion of making abortions "rare" a popular concept -- though his claim, like Barack Obama's mantra of reducing abortions -- is a facetious one to Warren.

“Of course I want to reduce the number of abortions,” Warren told the faith web site Beliefnet when asked if he would work with Obama to reduce them.

“But to me it is kind of a charade in that people say, ‘We believe abortions should be safe and rare,’” he added.

“Don't tell me it should be rare. That’s like saying on the Holocaust, ‘Well, maybe we could save 20 percent of the Jewish people in Poland and Germany and get them out and we should be satisfied with that,’” Warren said. “I'm not satisfied with that. I want the Holocaust ended.”

Warren also told Beliefnet that Obama wanted to talk about abortion at the forum he held with him and presidential candidate John McCain.

That was the forum that produced the infamous Obama statement that knowing the scientific proof of human life beginning at conception was "above my pay grade."

“Hey Rick, let’s talk about the big elephant in the room,” Warren said Obama told him.

“When we Democrats … do stuff for the poor and we do stuff for the sick, we don't get many letters about it. But when we vote to support abortion we get thousands and tens-of-thousands of letters. What’s the issue here?” Obama asked him, according to Warren.

Warren said he told Obama that, for pro-life advocates, abortion was the single most important issue the way he and other politicians have their own top issues.

Warren told the web site he told Obama, "For these people who believe life begins at birth, all right, at conception, it’s an American holocaust. They believe that there’s 40 million people who should be here. And to them that’s an issue.”

He also said he doesn't plan to follow-up on the issue of abortion with Obama in a public forum or debate but will do so privately.

“It’s not something I protest out on the street about. It’s something you deal with individually as rational civil people,” Warren said.

He said he has told Obama that they “totally disagree” on abortion.

Nike

Well I hope that warren can make an impact on Obama, and if he does it in private, that's okay too.....(just as long as he let's us know on his website how things are going).... Shocked

I am a doubting, (but praying) Thomas....

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum