Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Notre Dame 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

Notre Dame

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Notre Dame Empty Notre Dame Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:15 pm

Insight

Insight

http://www.replacejenkins.com/

Devout Catholics are taking action to of the University of Notre Dame's commencement invitation to President Obama, calling for the ouster of the University's president. The website launched asking Notre Dame alumni and financial supporters to join the Facebook group "ReplaceJenkins" and to sign a petition pledging to withhold contributions until the university's president, the Rev. John Jenkins, is replaced "with someone who will be more loyal to the teaching of the Catholic Church."

The site, www.replacejenkins.com, says it is a nonpartisan group of Notre Dame graduates and donors who support academic freedom. The online effort is the latest protest of Notre Dame's invitation to have Obama deliver the May 17 commencement address and receive an honorary degree. At least 33 bishops have opposed the decision because of Obama's support for abortion rights and embryonic stem-cell research, and than 400 people protested at Notre Dame on Palm Sunday.

I have two friends who are flying there to protest.

God Bless

2Notre Dame Empty Re: Notre Dame Sat May 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Insight

Insight

Just spoke with my nutty friends over the cellphone picketing at Notre Dame. They are picketing right now, there are about 100 people at the main entrance. They passed out a bunch of signs and rubber Obama masks they bought last Halloween. They have two sign trucks driving around the campus 24 hrs a day. There have been a few arrests already, but it is going well. There is a lot of media coverage. The turnout is real good, which may be keeping the arrests down, the police don’t want to make a scene anymore than what it is.

God Bless

3Notre Dame Empty Re: Notre Dame Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Nike

Just picked up this post insight...
lol...rubber masks???
I did not know they were available..

I think I like your nutty friend

Mary

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum