Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

ALL President on Kennedy Funeral: "Beyond Anything I have Witnessed in 65 Years" 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALL President on Kennedy Funeral: "Beyond Anything I have Witnessed in 65 Years"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

ALL President on Kennedy Funeral: "Beyond Anything I have Witnessed in 65 Years"

By Judie Brown, President, American Life League (ALL)

September 1, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Each of us who believe in the justice and mercy of God are called, as an act of charity, to pray for the repose of the soul of the deceased. However, there are some rubrics of decorum that should - at the very least - have been respected over this past weekend. I speak, of course, of the grandiose funeral ceremonies, particularly the Catholic funeral Mass, for Senator Edward M. Kennedy.

The entire travesty, from the television cameras to spectacle itself, goes beyond anything I have witnessed in my more than 65 years of life. In fact, while we all thought the appearance of President Barack Obama at the University of Notre Dame was a scandal, the very idea that he offered a eulogy in a basilica, while the real presence of Christ was in the tabernacle, is perhaps the most dastardly thing I have ever seen.

America witnessed this nation's most avid supporter of abortion on demand, standing in a Catholic basilica, during the Mass, speaking of a fellow pro-abort in glowing terms! That alone is such an insult to Christ that words simply cannot express my sorrow. Yet a greater source of sadness is that the Cardinal Sean O'Malley, of the Archdiocese of Boston, looked on as though insulting Christ Himself were an everyday occurrence.

Oh yes, there will be those who will excoriate me for saying such a thing, but please, let's get to the heart of the matter, shall we?

I am a practicing Catholic. I understand the laws of the Church as they relate to funerals, public figures who persist in supporting grave moral evils while calling themselves Catholic and the proper type of funeral for someone who did not publicly repent of such actions.

Not a single one of us knows the state of Senator Kennedy's soul at his death, but his public record is sufficient to clarify for one and all the myriad reasons why such a Mass, presided over by a cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church, was a total, absolute insult to Christ the Lord.

A learned gentleman, who has written at length about problems in the Catholic Church over these past 40-plus years, told me that the funeral Mass was the "inversion of all things Catholic." It is a perfect example of what many describe as bowing to human respect rather than abiding by the laws of God and serving Him first without counting the cost.

Clearly, Saint John Vianney was correct when he said, "Do you know what the devil's first temptation is to the person who wants to serve God with dedication? It is human respect!" Senator Kennedy devoted a great deal of his public life to assuring the deaths of millions of human beings - members of the human family who happened to reside in their mother's wombs. He repeatedly defied Catholic teaching, arrogantly receiving the body and blood of Christ when he knew as certainly as he knew his name that aborting a child is an act of murder and a grievous crime defined in precisely those terms by the Catholic Church. And the hierarchy looked on.

By presiding at the funeral Mass and subsequent burial service, prelates of the Roman Catholic Church created much more than a scandal. Now millions of Americans are totally confused about what it means to be Catholic. The words that were uttered by these prelates prove that they did, in fact, ignore the dead babies in order to give glowing words of praise to the man who sanctioned their killing.

Spitting on Christ Himself at His crucifixion could not have been any more disdainful than what we witnessed Saturday.

I pray that the suffering this debacle has caused faithful Catholics turns into a renewal of commitment to Christ, His Church, His real presence in the Eucharist and His little ones. Finally, in response to the Saturday disgraces, I do not hesitate to quote Pope Benedict XVI (then Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger), who, in his 1997 book, Salt of the Earth: Christianity and the Catholic Church at the End of the Millennium, wrote of the state of the Church, including the "lowering of moral standards even among men of the Church":

"The words of the Bible and of the Church fathers rang in my ears, those sharp condemnations of shepherds who are like mute dogs; in order to avoid conflicts, that let the poison spread. Peace is not the first civic duty, and a bishop whose only concern is not to have any problems and to gloss over as many conflicts as possible is an image I find repulsive."

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

This type of public scandal in the Church is why my husband's born-again relatives refuse to convert to Catholicism. They know it 's wrong. It's disappointing and angering to see this type of scandal. God have mercy on us all.. especially me a great sinner. May we continue to pray for all in the Universal Church.

Roman

Roman

I'm not here to judge the state of a deceased person's soul. Only God can do that.
But I will say that perhaps Kennedy had a death-bed conversion. Perhaps he received the graces of conversion and the mercy of God due to the prayers and sacrifices of some poor nun or group of nuns in a motherhouse or monastery somewhere. This we cannot know.

But I don't know I'd be willing to bet the farm on it.

What can one say about the "R.C." Church of today - not "Roman Catholic," but "Reformed-Conciliarist."
It's not surprising, since in so many ways the Church of Vatican Council II is a "counterfeit Church with a counterfeit Liturgy.
And it's all destined to be swept away in a flash, when the beginning Secrets of Medjugorje are revealed !!!

Yes, MEDJUGORJE, the continuation of Fatima, and it's triumphant fulfillment !!!

In the meantime, we all must continue to suffer through the Third Secret of Fatima - a Great Apostasy of our age, in the Church, and spread throughout the world, and hope and pray for God's direct intervention SOON !!!

Our Holy Father recently asked the Blessed Mother for Her Immaculate Heart to triumph soon.
May it be so.

PEACE OF OUR CHRIST

Steven

The Catholic Church needs a true leader, one that is not afraid to reject the herd mentality that seems to have overtaken the vast majority or at least the vastly silent majority of Catholics. It is not possible to be pro-abortion or so-called pro-choice and be a Catholic. They are former Catholics, perhaps, who have chosen to accept the malicious destruction of children in their mother's womb over their Catholic Faith. It is not possible to be in a same sex marriage or to support same sex marriage and be a Catholic. They are former Catholics, perhaps, who have chosen to accept same sex marriage over their Catholic Faith.

Many, if not most, Catholics that accept abortion and same sex marriage (these are just 2 examples of behaviors that are in direct conflict with our Catholic Faith. There are many others) may be doing so without reflection. Our Lady of Medjugorje spoke of this in May 1987 when She said:

"Dear children! I am calling everyone of you to start living in God's love. Dear children, you are ready to commit sin, and to put yourselves in the hand of Satan without reflecting. I call on each one of you to consciously decide for God and against Satan. I am your Mother and, therefore, I want to lead you all to perfect holiness. I want each one of you to be happy here on earth and to be with me in Heaven. That is, dear children, the purpose of my coming here and it's my desire. Thank you for having responded to my call."

I will pray for your family, Cyndi, that they will one day come to partake of the fruits of our Catholic Faith.

Praised Be Jesus and Mary, Always and Forever.

Steven

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Prayers appreciated.

It should be noted: According to the teachings of the Catholic Church, when a Catholic publicly

advocates supporting abortion, when he is repentive, he has the responsibility to clearly publicly

state he was wrong to advocate abortion; a heinous crime.

This is not a judgment statement against Senator Kennedy's soul. It's not mere opinion. It's a

fact,
taught by the Holy Spirit who will never lead the faithful Christian Catholic astray.

Senator Kennedy had ample time to publicly repent, but he chose not to do it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum