Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

how is everyone feeling? 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

how is everyone feeling?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1how is everyone feeling? Empty how is everyone feeling? Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:30 pm

Philomena

I was wondering how you are all feeling these days? A sense of darkness looming over the horizon? A sense of hope? I noticed my poor father-in-law over the Christmas break having anxiety attacks and worrying over the future. I saw most of my inlaws suffering uneasiness about the future. Even I have begun to wonder if this is how the Jewish people felt just prior to Hitler coming into office. This "uncertianty" that has overtaken so many. Even I, when I forget to pray as Our Lady said in her Lovely Christmas message become quickly shaken at the rumblings of the world, the "change" that is about to take place. When I pray though, I feel close to her Immaculate heart and I feel as if I am in the eye of a big storm. I sense the Holy Spirit nudging me to emanate peace, joy and hope everywhere I go...from my kitchen table to the gas station attendant. Because as the world grows darker and people grow fearful, you and I whose lamps have been lit will have to set ourselves upon the lampstands and guide our brothers and sisters safely home. A few years into my Conversion, Jesus came to me in a dream in total seriousness. He said, " KNOW YOUR CATECHISM"
I now understand why I had that dream. Our Lady of Medjugorje said, "The only thing you will have left is the Rosary and the Sign left by My Son." I think that somewhere during this new "World Order" The daily sacrifice will cease. (the prophet Daniel)
Imagine a world without the grace of the Holy Sacrifice. The prophet Daniel says it will be three and a half years!!
Can we survive without it for that long? Padre Pio said, "The world could better exist without the sun than without the Holy Sacrifice"
I feel its time for serious will to use the five little stones given to us by Our Lady so that she can now fulfill her prophecy to Dominic. "One day through Rosary and Scapular I will save the World."
Just my thoughts these days...
What is going on in your hearts my friends?

2how is everyone feeling? Empty Re: how is everyone feeling? Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:21 pm

tobiciara

Hi Philomena

I personally dont feel any of that kind of gloom about the world, I think the recession will be bad for a while and then will get better again in 2010.

I am anxious about my son who seems to be depressed but will not accept he is.

He was here for 5 nights over Christmas but did little except watch the news and talked very little only when pushed.
He lives in London and does have a good job but is not happy there but not sure that is the real problem. I feel it is more serious, he is an atheist and I have been praying hard for his conversion in the past few years so maybe it will come soon but now he needs to go to a doctor.
Please pray that he will either get better by prayer or go see the doctor and get medication.

Will pray for your dad in law
thanks so much
Tobiciara

3how is everyone feeling? Empty Re: how is everyone feeling? Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi Phillie, and tobi... I have to say I do feel what you are feeling Phil... all of it... especially the part where you said,
"I sense the Holy Spirit nudging me to emanate peace, joy and hope everywhere I go...from my kitchen table to the gas station attendant. Because as the world grows darker and people grow fearful, you and I whose lamps have been lit will have to set ourselves upon the lampstands and guide our brothers and sisters safely home."

I have felt this especially strongly these past couple of weeks... interesting... You see, you are not alone and I believe we here on this forum have all been brought together for a more profound purpose...

" KNOW YOUR CATECHISM"
again, interesting, I have felt the need to educate others in our faith and to share it with, i.e. my children and anyone who seems interested... I bought all five of my children Scott Hahns "Reasons to Believe" it's wonderful... here is a link to his site... http://www.scotthahn.com/

Take care Philli and all, God is in control and He will protect and care for His own...

Tobi, I will be praying for your son also... praying

Love Linda blessyou grouphug don't you just love these smilies? whackadoo

4how is everyone feeling? Empty Re: how is everyone feeling? Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi All, I too feel the same. It's good to know that we can share and express our feelings. Linda is right, God is in control....I will keep you all in my prayers. signofcross

5how is everyone feeling? Empty Re: how is everyone feeling? Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:50 pm

DebconLady

DebconLady

((((Group Hugs))))

Phill, Yes exactly!! I have the same feelings, and the anxiety is stronger for our young people. They are going to experience a tougher time than we had. I Pray for them everyday! For your son also Tobi.

Prayer is our only refuge!! Please Pray!! signofcross

blessyou
Yes I love these smilies!!! heart

6how is everyone feeling? Empty Re: how is everyone feeling? Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:58 am

tobiciara

Thanks Linda and Debcon lady for prayers for my son, he needs them, he is also an atheist but the depression may be coming from that but he does not know it yet.
I have been praying for his conversion for a long time.
He will not go to a doctor just says he is alright
God Bless
Tobi

7how is everyone feeling? Empty Re: how is everyone feeling? Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:39 am

Spera

For me, if I watch the news too much it can get depressing. I feel like there are organizations and people out there that try to manipulate the public into thinking bad things are good and there are far too many people who, many with their own free will, allow themselves to be manipulated and believe them. Then there are others that just don't know any better. So when I find myself feeling discouraged about this, I turn off the tv for a while.

Also, if while I am thinking about the changes to come and I find myself getting anxious, I try to remember that God is in control, he has a plan, we already know the ending--and it is a good ending, and I just have to trust him. This is all for the best and God knows what he is doing. I think it's normal for me to forget this as I get busy and caught up in my day to day life but as soon as I remind myself that everything God does is out of love for us, I start to feel better again. I think the biggest challenge for me is to work on being detached from the world. The more detached I am, the easier change will be.

I will pray for your son, Tobiciara.

I think you guys are right about knowing our faith better. I think Jesus wants me to do the same. I'm learning that people often use the same arguements against the church, so it's possible to have my responses prepared ahead of time, even memorized...this is something I would like to get better at.

Spera tiphat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum