Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

PLEASE PRAY FOR FATHER RICHARD JOHN NEUHAUS 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLEASE PRAY FOR FATHER RICHARD JOHN NEUHAUS

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PLEASE PRAY FOR FR. NEUHAUS HE IS VERY ILL AT THIS TIME, thank you...

http://www.ewtn.com/news/blog.asp?blog_ID=2

A PRAYER FOR FATHER RICHARD JOHN NEUHAUS
Raymond Arroyo

Raymond Arroyo is an internationally recognized, award-winning journalist, producer, and bestselling author, seen each week in more than 100 million homes around the globe on EWTN. He has worked for the Associated Press, the political columnist team of Evans and Novak, and as a Capitol Hill Correspondent.

As host and creator of EWTN’s international news magazine, "The World Over Live", Arroyo has interrogated the leading figures of the day. Highlights include: The first, exclusive, sit down interview with Mel Gibson on the set of his film, “The Passion of the Christ” and a landmark interview with Pope Benedict XVI: the only English language conversation ever recorded with the pontiff.

Arroyo and his work have been featured on "The Today Show", "Good Morning America", "Hannity and Colmes", "Access Hollywood", “CNN Headline News”, "The Laura Ingraham Show", and other programs. His writings have been published by Newsweek, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Times, The Financial Times, and The National Catholic Register. A graduate of New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts, Arroyo is author of the New York Times Bestsellers: Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve and a Network of Miracles (Doubleday) and Mother Angelica''s Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality (Doubleday).
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
I don't often ask for favors, but I am hoping that you can oblige me on this one. My friend (and frequent on air co-host) Father Richard John Neuhaus is very ill and could use your prayers. I ask you to remember him in prayer as we begin this new year. Here is a bit of a note that Jody Bottum, the editor of First Things was good enough to send my way:

"Fr. Neuhaus is in the hospital here in New York. Over Thanksgiving, he was diagnosed with a serious cancer. The long-term prognosis for this particular cancer is not good, but it is not hopeless, either, and there is a possibility that it will respond to the recommended out-patient chemotherapy treatment.

Unfortunately, over Christmas, he was taken dangerously ill with what seems to be a systemic infection that has left him very weak. Entering the hospital the day after Christmas, he was sedated to lower an elevated heart rate and treatment was begun for the infection. Over the last few days, he has shown some signs of improvement, and there is a reasonable expectation that he will recover from this present illness—sufficiently, we hope, that he will be able to begin the chemotherapy for the cancer."

I saw Father Neuhaus in New York after Thanksgiving, following his last hospital stay. He was weakened but in great spirits. Surrounded by his community, a brandy in one hand, he held forth on an array of subjects with his usual wit and candor. There is no one inside or outside of the Church like him. I ask all of you to pray for his recovery and that he may be granted the strength to return to the work he so loves--the work we so need him to continue. Thank you, Raymond

***UPDATE***1/7/08 Father Richard's situation is apparently dire at this hour (12:45 Eastern). Your prayers are truly needed now.

I can be reached at: raymond@raymondarroyo.com

Nike

Praying for Fr. Neuhaus.

Mary

Most merciful Jesus, lover of souls! I pray Thee, by the agony of thy most Sacred Heart, and by the sorrows of thy Immaculate Mother, wash in Thy Blood the sinners of the whole world, who are now in their agony, and are to die this day. Amen.

Heart of Jesus, once in agony, have mercy on the dying.

O St. Joseph, Foster Father of Jesus Christ, and true Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, pray for us and for the dying of today (or tonight). AN INDULGENCE OF 300 DAYS,

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be to the Father...

highprayer highprayer highprayer signofcross

Easter-won

Easter-won

Most merciful Jesus, lover of souls! I pray Thee, by the agony of thy most Sacred Heart, and by the sorrows of thy Immaculate Mother, wash in Thy Blood the sinners of the whole world, who are now in their agony, and are to die this day. Amen.

Heart of Jesus, once in agony, have mercy on the dying.

O St. Joseph, Foster Father of Jesus Christ, and true Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, pray for us and for the dying of today (or tonight). AN INDULGENCE OF 300 DAYS,

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be to the Father...

praying highprayer highprayer highprayer signofcross

PLEASE PRAY FOR FATHER RICHARD JOHN NEUHAUS 14japug
Fr. Neuhaus must be exceptionally special. I will remember him in my prayers.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

PLEASE PRAY FOR FATHER RICHARD JOHN NEUHAUS Images10
Hail Mary said.