Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

July 26, 2013: Prayer for the Memorial of Sts. Joachim and Anne 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

July 26, 2013: Prayer for the Memorial of Sts. Joachim and Anne

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

July 26, 2013: Prayer for the Memorial of Sts. Joachim and Anne 33d9js9
Joachim: the name means God prepares
Anne: the name means Grace

Prayer for the Memorial of Sts. Joachim and Anne
(July 26, 2013)

Heavenly Father, on this day, we remember Sts. Joachim and Anne, whom the church calls the parents of Mary and the grandparents of Jesus.

Tradition holds that they suffered greatly in not having a child, and were much older when you brought Mary into their lives.

They reflect your words, "They will still yield fruit in old age; They shall be full of sap and very green," (Psalm 92:14)

Being mindful of this, help me to yield my own sorrows, disappointments and burdens to you.

Help me to continue to be faithful in prayer and in trust to you, regardless of outcome or answer.

We know they raised their daughter to have a love for God and obedience to doing your Will.

Gracious Lord, help me to emulate their model of marriage, devotion to one another, and commitment to family.

I take heart in their lineage and influence in the life of Jesus, whom they may not have known as grandparents.

As they did, help me to leave a godly legacy and a rich spiritual inheritance for my family who will come after me.

May the prayers for my friends, family, priests, and others bear your good fruit, in due season.
Amen.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum