Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows: September 15 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

Memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows: September 15

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Easter-won

Easter-won

Memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows: September 15 675sw3

The Feast of Our Lady of Seven Sorrows is on September 15.
Be sure to honor the Our Lady of Sorrows on this day
by entering into her sorrow and grief
as she watched the life of her Son Jesus Christ
unfold on the earth.
Let her teach us the meaning of redemptive suffering!

THE CHAPLET OF SEVEN SORROWS

Bead 1: O God, come to my assistance;
O Lord, make haste to help me.

Bead 2: Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of
the living God,
have mercy on me, a sinner.

Bead 3: Sorrowful and Immaculate
Heart of Mary, pray for me.

Bead 4: Glory be to the Father...
As it was in the beginning...

First Septet: The Prophecy of Simeon.
Our Father...
Prayer: I grieve for you, O Mary most sorrowful, in the affliction of your tender heart at the prophecy of the holy and aged Simeon. Dear Mother, by your heart so afflicted, obtain for me the virtue of humility and the gift of the holy fear of God.
Hail Mary...Luke 2:22 And when the day came for them to be purified as laid down by the law of Moses, they took him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord...
Hail Mary...Luke 2:25 Now in Jerusalem was a man named Simeon. He was an upright and devout man; he looked forward to Israel's comforting and the Holy Spirit rested on him..
Hail Mary...Luke 2:26 It had been bevealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death until he had set eyes on the Christ of the Lord.
He took him into his arms and blessed God;
Hail Mary...Luke 2:29-32 "Now, Master, you can let your servant go in peace, just as you promised; because my eyes have seen the salvation which you have prepared for all the nations to see, a light to enlighten the pagans and the glory of your poeple Israel."
Hail Mary...Luke 2:33 The child's father and mother stood there wondering about the things that were being said about him...
Hail Mary...Luke 2:34,35 ...Simeon blessed them and said to his Mary his mother, "You see this child: he is destined for the fall and for the rising of many in Israel, destined to be a sign that is rejected- and a sword will pierce your own soul too- so that the secret thoughts of many will be laid bare."

Second Septet: The Flight into Egypt.
Our Father...
Prayer: I grieve for you, O Mary most sorrowful, in the anguish of your most affectionate heart during the flight into Egypt and your sojourn there. Dear Mother, by your heart so troubled, obtain for me the virtue of generosity, especially toward the poor, and the gift of piety.
Hail Mary...Matthew 2:13 After they had left, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Get up, take the child and his mother with you, and escape into Egypt, and stay there until I tell you, because Herod intends to search for the child and do away with him."
Hail Mary...Matthew 2:14 So Joseph got up and, taking the child and his mother with him, he left that night for Egypt...
Hail Mary...Matthew 2:15 ...where he stayed until Herod was dead. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken through the prophet: "I called my son out of Egypt."
Hail Mary...Matthew 2:16 Herod was furious when he realized he had been outwitted by the wise men, and in Bethlehem and its surrounding district he had all the male children killed who were two years old or under, reckoning by the date he had been careful to ask the wise men.
Hail Mary...Matthew 2:18 "A voice was heard in Ramah, sobbing and loudly lamenting: it was Rachel weeping for her children, refusing to be comforted because they were no more."
Hail Mary...Matthew 219,20 After Herod's death, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt and said, "Get up, take the child and his mother with you and go back to the land of Israel, for those who wanted to kill the child are dead."
Hail Mary...Matthew 2: 21-23 So Joseph got up and, taking the child and his mother with him, went back to the land of Israel. But when he learnt that Archelaus had succeeded his father Herod as ruler of Judea,he was afraid to go there, and being warned in a dream he left for the region of Gallile. There he settled in a town called Nazareth. In this way the words spoken through the prophets were to be fulfilled: "He will be called a Nazarene."

Third Septet: The Missing of Jesus
Our Father...
Prayer: I grieve for you, O Mary most sorrowful, in those anxieties which tried your troubled heart at the loss of your dear Jesus. Dear Mother, by your heart so full of anguish, obtain for me the virtue of chastity and the gift of knowledge.
Hail Mary...Luke 2: 41
Hail Mary...Luke 2:42
Hail Mary...Luke 2:43
Hail Mary...Luke 2:44,45
Hail Mary...Luke 2:46,47
Hail Mary...Luke 2: 48
Hail Mary...Luke 2: 49,50

Fourth Septet: Mary Meets Jesus on the Way of the Cross
Our Father...
Prayer: I grieve for you, O Mary most sorrowful, in the consternation of your heart at meeting Jesus as he carried his cross. Dear Mother, by your heart so troubled, obtain for me the virtue of patience, and the gift of fortitude.
Hail Mary...Luke 23:25
Hail Mary...Luke 23:26
Hail Mary...Luke 23:27
Hail Mary...Luke 23:28
Hail Mary...Luke 23:29
Hail Mary...Luke 23:30,31
Hail Mary...Luke 23:32

Fifth Septet: Jesus Dies on the Cross
Our Father...
Prayer: I grieve for you, O Mary most sorrowful, in the martyrdom which your generous heart endured in standing near Jesus in his agony. Dear Mother, by your afflicted heart, obtain for me the virtue of temperance and the gift of counsel.
Hail Mary...Luke 23:33
Hail Mary...Luke 23:35
Hail Mary...John 19:25
Hail Mary...John 19:26,27
Hail Mary...Mark 15:34
Hail Mary...Luke 23:44
Hail Mary...Luke 23:45,46

Sixth Septet: Jesus is Taken from the Cross
Our Father...
Prayer: I grieve for you, O Mary most sorrowful, in the wounding of your compassionate heart, when the side of Jesus was struck by the lance before his body was removed from the cross. Dear Mother, by your heart thus transfixed, obtain for me the virtue of fraternal charity and the gift of understanding.
Hail Mary...John 19:31
Hail Mary...John 19:32
Hail Mary...John 19:33
Hail Mary...John 19:34
Hail Mary...John 19:36,37
Hail Mary...John 19:38
Hail Mary...Lamentations 1:12

Seventh Septet: Jesus is Laid in the Tomb
Our Father...
Prayer: I grieve for you, O Mary most sorrowful, for the pangs that wrenched your most loving heart at the burial of Jesus. Dear Mother, by your heart sunk in the bitterness of desolation, obtain for me the virtue of diligence and the gift of wisdom.
Hail Mary...John 19:39 "Nicodemus came as well- the same one who had first come to Jesus at night-time- and he brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, weighing about a hundred pounds."
Hail Mary...John 19:40 "They took the body of Jesus and wrapped it with the spices in linen cloths, according to the Jewish burial customs."
Hail Mary...John 19:41 "At the place where he had been crucified there was a garden, and in this garden was a new tomb in which no one had yet been buried."
Hail Mary...John 19:42 "Since it was the Jewish Day of Preparation and the tomb was near at hand, they laid Jesus there."
Hail Mary...Matthew 27:60 "He then rolled a large stone across the entrance of the tomb and went away. Now Mary of Magdala and the other Mary were there, sitting opposite the sepulchre." (Thanks to the gentleman who called my attention to this error!)
Hail Mary...Mark 15:47 "Mary of Magdala and Mary the mother of Joset were watching and took note of where he was laid.
Hail Mary...Luke 23:55,56 "Meanwhile the women who had come from Gallilee with Jesus were following behind. They took note of the tomb and of the position of the body."

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows: September 15 Images23
Hail Mary said.