Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

The Red Envelope Project 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Red Envelope Project

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Red Envelope Project Empty The Red Envelope Project Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:57 pm

ForHimthruHer

ForHimthruHer

Hello Friends, this is from a dear friend of mine who is a true champion for Life!

"Here are two items worthy of consideration! The first is a campaign that is 'exploding' on the internet involving red envelopes. The idea is quite simple, takes only a minute to address an empty envelope and sends a quiet, yet powerful message to our President. Great idea for teachers of middle and high school students.

Secondly, pro-abortion organizations like Planned Parenthood have discovered the power of the vast numbers of pro-life voices. They are backing off the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) and it appears they will attempt to do it a piece at a time. Please continue to keep the pressure on...it is working! The link in the letter below will send an email to your House Representative. In the case of Michigan's 7th Congressional District this is Mark Schauer.

Thank you for your willingness to take a stand and I encourage you to forward this to as many friends and contacts as possible.

Kathy Potts
www.jacksonforlife.org

Dear Friends and Intercessors:

This afternoon I was praying about a number of things, and my mind began to wander. I was deeply distressed at the symbolic actions that President Obama took as he began his presidency. Namely, that he signed executive orders releasing funds to pay for foreign abortions, permission to fund unnecessary human stem cell research, and federal funding for abortifacient (causes early abortions) contraception. I have been involved in the pro-life movement for nearly 20 years, and it pained my heart to see a man and a political party committed to the shedding of innocent blood. This man, and this party lead our country, but they do not represent me or the 54% of Americans who believe that abortion is wrong and should no longer be legal.

As I was praying, I believe that God gave me an interesting idea. Out in the garage I have a box of red envelopes. Like the powerful image of the red LIFE tape, an empty red envelope will send a message to Barack Obama that there is moral outrage in this country over this issue. It will be quiet, but clear.

Here is what I would like you to do: Get a red envelope. You can buy them at Kinkos, or at party supply stores. On the front, address it to:

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, D.C. 20500-0001

On the back, write the following message:

This envelope represents one child who died in abortion. It is empty because that life was unable to offer anything to the world.

Put it in the mail, and send it. Then forward this email to every one of your friends who you think would send one too. I wish we could send 50 million red envelopes, one for every child killed before having a chance to live. Maybe it will change the heart of the president.

Dear Kathy,

As you may have heard, Congress has not yet introduced the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA). That's because the pro-abortion forces have heard your voice. Planned Parenhood President Cecile Richards told the Wall Street Journal: We're going to be smart and strategic about our policy agenda to bring people together to make progress for women's health. The Freedom of Choice Act is very important . . . but we have a long list of things to get done that I think can address problems immediately that women are facing, that are really immediate concerns. In other words, because of the more than 650,000 people like you who have stood up to Fight FOCA, pro-abortion forces are focusing on another tactic for now -- FOCA-by-Stealth. They want to try to pass pieces of FOCA under your nose. The first target is your pocketbook. The top priority for Planned Parenthood and their pro-abortion allies is to repeal the laws that prohibit federal funding of abortion. Often called pro-life "riders," the pro-abortion forces want House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to eliminate them and start using our tax dollars to pay for abortion-on-demand . . . nationwide. Thankfully, a bi-partisan group of Members of Congress are standing up to Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Cecile Richards of Planned Parenthood (who used to work for Speaker Pelosi). A letter to Speaker Pelosi written by Republican Congressman Jim Jordan of Ohio and Democrat Congressman Heath Schuler of North Carolina is being circulated for signatures by Members of Congress.
Please ask your member of Congress to sign the Jordan/Schuler letter. Just click this link: https://secure3.convio.net/aulact/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=133

Yours for Life,

Charmaine Yoest, Ph.D.
President & CEO AUL Action The Legislative Arm of Americans United for Life FightFOCA.com FightFOCA@FightFOCA.com

P.S. -- A PDF of the letter is available at the AUL Action blog."

http://www.redenvelopeproject.org/

Visit http://SendaRedEnvelope.org/ to join millions in telling our President that every life matters!

Thank you and God bless and protect you Kathy...

Linda praying

2The Red Envelope Project Empty Re: The Red Envelope Project Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Nike

Great Idea,

Someone will be reading these envelopes as they make their way to President. O

I will send this to the Kalamazoo group here in Mich.

God Bless

3The Red Envelope Project Empty Re: The Red Envelope Project Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

My daughter and I are currently painting white envelopes red. We're painting one, for each family member. Although each person must do their part for the salvation of souls, some of us may've forgotten to do this project (like me). I'll send one for you; we're painting extra envelopes. Send me a PM. All glory and honor to Jesus. God bless you.

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, D.C. 20500-0001

On the back, write the following message:

This envelope represents one child who died in abortion. It is empty because that life was unable to offer anything to the world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum