Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Today from Spirit Daily FOCA 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

Today from Spirit Daily FOCA

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Empty Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:03 am

DebconLady

DebconLady

2Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Empty Re: Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Roman

Roman

Basically, Fr. Tegeder feels that there are more important issues than FOCA, which he apparently feels is a "phantom" issue and a distraction.
Fr. Zuhlsdorf's commentary on his statements are in red.

My own commentary: Sadly, and tragically for the unborn, Fr Tegeder has plenty of company among the Bishops and priests in the United States!!

PEACE OF OUR CHRIST

3Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Empty Re: Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:35 pm

DebconLady

DebconLady

I'm just not sure if this is good or bad....... No

4Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Empty Re: Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:52 pm

Trust me DebconLady... it isn't good; Catholics are already confused enough after the past presidential election and society as a whole doesn't hold "life issues" in very high regard... we have a tremendous battle ahead... knight2

Linda praying

5Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Empty Re: Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:58 pm

It is really hard for me to understand why priests like Father Tegeder take such a stance. I wonder if they believe that it is important for them to tell their congregation to "not worry about FOCA, it will never pass, and there are more important issues to worry about". Evidently so. Granted there are many issues that require indivdual discernment, but why would a priest feel that the killing of the unborn is something that does not reach the level of failing banks or health care?

I scrolled through the comments after the article, and one that caught my attention was the comment made by someone who was listening to the Laura Ingram Radio Show when she was interviewing Raymond Arroyo (about 6 weeks ago), and he said that he had heard from a religious leader that at least half of the U.S. Bishops voted for Obama. I listened to that radio interview while driving to Detroit and it floored me. But the best comment made was by someone who said "I couldn't even finish reading the article....I need to detox with some prayer".

We must pray for all of our priests.

Lumen

6Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Empty Re: Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:22 am

DebconLady

DebconLady

You are so right, Our Lady always tells us over and over to pray for her Beloved Sons<Priests>

I see more and more every day, even with the priests in my own parish, the lack of sprituality, respect and reverance for the Eucharist. Sometimes it looks to me that they are just performing a "chore". It's very bothersome to me.

Just last night at the vigil mass for New Years, I was sitting about maybe 7 or 8 pews back from the center. Our parish is very very large and we have a large beautiful church. Anyway, towards the end of Communion, our Pastor dropped a Host on the floor right in front of him at his feet. I heard it with a "Huge Thud" when it hit the floor. He had no idea that he dropped it. My eyes were glued to the Host of Our Lord lying on the floor. There was maybe a dozen people left in the receiving line. When our Pastor had finished with the line, he turned and walked back to the Alter. The alter"girl" assisting him, bent down and picked up the Host and put it on the pallet they use for Communion. The one they put under your hands or face when receiving Communion. She was what looked to me a bit distrought at what happened and went right to our Pastor as he was returning to the Alter. She showed him the Host, of course, I couldn't hear the conversation, but he seemed to wave her off. I remember the days when the Priest were to pick up the Host and consume it immediately. What happened to those days. *sighs*

There just seems to be a lack of reverance no matter where you turn.

I am sure this is why Our Lady asks us repeatedly, to Pray for Priests. Imagine, the amount of souls that may be turned away based on what they see, read or hear from a Priest.

Please Please Pray for Them!!

7Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Empty Re: Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:18 pm

How sad... I've heard it say that the Priest is as good as the prayers the parish prays for him... I know you do DebconLady; yes, we need to wake up and pray for our priests; we are ultimately responsible for them as parishioners... they cannot do it without us... signofcross praying

Linda

8Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Empty Re: Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:38 am

Roman

Roman

Yes, everyone, it's extremely important to always pray for our Priests.

And DebconLady, what you stated in your last post reminded me of the warning Our Lady of Garabandal said about the Catholic clergy being on the road to perdition, with less and less importance being given to the Eucharist.

According to Sacred Scripture, Apostasy of the clergy is the worst sin of all, and will bring about Judgment and chastisement upon the Church and mankind faster than anything else.

We're living through a Great Apostasy in our Church and the world in this very moment !!!
The condition of the Church is the preeminent sign that we are approaching "End Times" for our generation.

PEACE OF OUR CHRIST

9Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Empty Re: Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:31 am

Hopper

Hopper

LumenChristi wrote:
I scrolled through the comments after the article, and one that caught my attention was the comment made by someone who was listening to the Laura Ingram Radio Show when she was interviewing Raymond Arroyo (about 6 weeks ago), and he said that he had heard from a religious leader that at least half of the U.S. Bishops voted for Obama. I listened to that radio interview while driving to Detroit and it floored me.

Lumen

Shocked Well now I'm floored too Lumen Shocked

Good golly - no wonder everyone is confused!

Hopper

10Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Empty Re: Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:06 pm

Steven

When I moved to a new location a few years ago, I attended Mass in several churches. One, in
particular, was irreverant but I found 2 where the priests seem dedicated, sincere and show deep
respect while saying Mass and in particular while Consecrating The Host. I believe it is beneficial to
find another church, if possible, if your priest appears to only be going through the motions when
saying Mass. There are still good, holy and dedicated priests whose hearts and souls are completely
dedicated to their vocation. It does make a big difference.

Steven

11Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Empty Re: Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:40 pm

DebconLady

DebconLady

Well fortunately, or unfortunately, it's only our Pastor.

Our Assistant Pastor who leads our Wednesday Evening Prayer Group is very very reverent, very Marian and very dedicated. And he's very Medj to Boot! So I just love him.

I know they are all not going to be the best, but atleast we have one!! tada

12Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Empty Re: Today from Spirit Daily FOCA Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:21 pm

Today from Spirit Daily FOCA F8mlz

It angers me to see Priests promote scandal in the Church. And it angers me to see Catholics persecute Catholics for promoting Christ's truth through the Pope. They both twist, wiggle and rip apart the message of the Kingdom of God, like the abortionists twist, wiggle, and rip innocent babies out of the womb.

What does the Pope teach:

1. The Church, as “a people made one by the unity of the Father, the Son and the Spirit” (cf. Lumen Gentium, 4), is called to proclaim the gift of life, to serve life, and to promote a culture of life. Here in this cathedral, our thoughts turn naturally to the heroic witness to the Gospel of life borne by the late Cardinals Cooke and O’Connor. The proclamation of life, life in abundance, must be the heart of the new evangelization.

Pope Benedict XVI, St. Patricks Cathedral USA

2. [A]bortion and euthanasia are crimes which no human law can claim to legitimize. There is no obligation in conscience to obey such laws; instead there is a grave and clear obligation to oppose them by conscientious objection. In the case of an intrinsically unjust law, such as a law permitting abortion or euthanasia, it is therefore never licit to obey it, or to 'take part in a propaganda campaign in favor of such a law, or vote for it.

Pope John Paul II, The Gospel of Life, #73

3. The promotion of the culture of life should be the highest priority in our societies... If the right to life is not defended decisively as a condition for all other rights of the person, all other references to human rights remain deceitful and illusory.
Pope John Paul II

--
The best message is from Fr. John Corapi
Wake up America!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTHmn13v7Ts&feature=related

Today from Spirit Daily FOCA 33z9nx5

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum