Yesterday I made 8 pint size jars of organic peach salsa, in order to build my food pantry for Our Lady. This will last 12 months on the shelf. It took all day long to chop and prepare, but it was so much fun and peaceful.
I thought about Mary (Nike), my Grandma Josephine and Linda (4HimthruHer) and for Our Lady's intentions the entire time. From time to time I thought of others whose dream is to live a simple peaceful life.
Peach Salsa Ingredients
Yield: About 7 pint jars
* 6 cups (2¼ pounds) chopped Roma tomatoes (about 3 pounds tomatoes as purchased)
* 2½ cups diced yellow onions (about 1 pound or 2 large as purchased)
* 2 cups chopped green, red yellow and/or orange bell peppers (about 1½ large peppers as purchased)
* 10 cups (3½ pounds) chopped hard, unripe peaches (about 9 medium peaches or 4½ pounds as purchased peaches)
* 2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples or other tart apples (about 2 large apples as purchased) (optional, but adds flavor)
* 4 tablespoons mixed pickling spice
* 1 tablespoon canning salt
* 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
* 3¾ cups (1¼ pound) packed light brown sugar
* 2¼ cups cider vinegar (5%)
I highly recommend this recipe for pickling spice 1 for the peach salsa. I've never used juniper berries in recipes. When crushed send a pleasant aroma throughout the home.
PICKLING SPICE I
2 cinnamon sticks, broken
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
2 teaspoons black peppercorns
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1 teaspoon whole allspice
1 teaspoon juniper berries
1 teaspoon crumbled whole mace
1 teaspoon dill seeds
4 dried bay leaves
1 small piece dried ginger
Mix together all the ingredients.
Store in a small, airtight jar up to 2 months.
Makes about 1/4 cup.
I chose organic spices, when available, and crushed them in a mole-ca-hay-tay for the peach salsa. The aroma smelt so good. It gave the peach salsa an unique. It's the best we've tasted.
This evening Our Lady is asking me to make waterproof matches, by polishing the entire match with clear nail polish. I'm only on #3 and have over 500 matches to make. So I better get busy.
I think I'll try to do this project in front of online Eucharistic Adoration, light a blessed candle and blessed incense, and pray Hail Mary's , for the poor souls in purgatory and souls furthest away from God. Nothing beats creating a peaceful home enviroment:
Hail Mary prayed for all today (for the 3 forums we all know about), chaplet of Divine Mercy, the rosary, Novena to Our Lady of Good Remedy for Mary, Linda, Roman and Jed. May the Lord lead us to Him and reconcile us to one another in unity, so He may be magnified and glorified in our midst. Amen.