Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Pope: "My own guardian angel did not prevent my injury, certainly following superior orders" 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pope: "My own guardian angel did not prevent my injury, certainly following superior orders"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Pope: "My own guardian angel did not prevent my injury, certainly following superior orders" 15pgz83

Pope Benedict reflected today on the lessons he could learn from his recent tumble - and about the agency of his guardian angel.

It's not hard to imagine the grin on his face that must have accompanied these words:

Pope Benedict XVI said Wednesday that his "guardian angel" let him down when he fell and broke his wrist earlier this month, but that the angel was clearly acting "on superior orders."

The pope thanked law enforcement officials for being "like angels," as he prepared to depart Les Combes, the Alpine resort where he tripped and injured his wrist 10 days ago while on vacation.

"Unfortunately, my own guardian angel did not prevent my injury, certainly following superior orders," Benedict said.

"Perhaps the Lord wanted to teach me more patience and humility, give me more time for prayer and meditation," the pope added.

Benedict leaves Les Combes, near the French border, later Wednesday to spend the rest of the summer in Castel Gandolfo, a papal retreat near Rome. (AP)

We should keep the pope in our close prayers. It's no fun to have a sprained wrist at 82.

--
Hail Mary prayed for the holy Father.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum