Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Pro-Life Corner 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pro-Life Corner

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pro-Life Corner Empty Pro-Life Corner Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:39 am

Admin

Current Pro-Life News and Information

We really have our work cut out for us!!!

Activist Groups Say Obama Picks Clinton and Rice Will Promote Abortion at UN

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
November 30, 2008

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Top abortion advocacy groups have nothing but good things to say about Barack Obama's picking Hillary Clinton as the next Secretary of State and Susan Rice as the next United Nations ambassador. Both Planned Parenthood and NOW said they were delighted that Obama put the abortion advocates on his team.

Planned Parenthood's Cecile Richards issued a press release saying Obama "announced a strong foreign policy team that will approach issues of women’s health and rights, family planning ... with the seriousness and commitment they deserve."

Promoting abortion globally, which Planned Parenthood calls women's "ability to control the size of their families" supposedly has a direct impact on their economic well-being, Richards contends.

That's something the abortion business says Clinton "understands."

Richards says Rice "understands the important role the United Nations plays in promoting and protecting women’s health around the world, especially in developing countries."

Richards promised that Rice will promote abortion.

"We expect that she will work effectively with other countries to fulfill the UN’s development agenda, including the Millennium Development Goals," she said.

However, under the Bush administration the United States has rejected invitations from other nations to accelerate implementation of Millennium Development Goals, which could be used to push abortion.

As LifeNews.com has reported, in 2000, UN member states agreed to adopt eight broad, largely non-controversial Millennium Development Goals which address issues like eradicating poverty and hunger, achieving universal primary education, and reducing child mortality.

None of the MDGs makes any mention of “reproductive health” and neither does the Millennium Declaration upon which they are based.

Since failing to get a new, separate goal on reproductive health at the five-year review of the MDGs in 2005, pro-abortion advocates, including International Planned Parenthood Federation and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), have sought to attach reproductive health to the existing MDGs.

Under an Obama administration and with Clinton and Rice at the helm, the United States will likely back those pro-abortion efforts to promote abortion as an international right under the MDG or other documents.

The so-called National Organization for Women also applauded the choice of Clinton and Rice.

"As a candidate, President-elect Barack Obama made clear his commitment to" abortion, NOW president Kim Gandy said in a statement LifeNews.com received, "and today's cabinet announcements begin to fulfill those values."

"NOW has worked with all three of these nominees," she said and added that "we look forward to collaborating with them" on promoting abortion "at home and abroad."

3Pro-Life Corner Empty Re: Pro-Life Corner Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:18 pm

Between 1900 and 1953 over 1,000,000 Americans had died in car crashes, nearly double the combined American deaths in both world wars. Yet in a single year over 1,400,000 babies die from decriminalized surgical abortion. The loss of life is always a tragedy; more so when deaths are preventable...

4Pro-Life Corner Empty Re: Pro-Life Corner Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:43 pm

All civilized societies restrict individual freedoms when that choice would harm an innocent person. If one would emphasize a rapist's right to choose to rape it would completely ignore the rights of the victim. By allowing a woman to choose an abortion we are completely ignoring the rights of the baby. Some "choices" are wrong.

http://www.lifenews.com/state3704.html

Catholic University of San Francisco Drops Abortion Coverage From Health Plan

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
December 10, 2008

San Francisco, CA (LifeNews.com) -- After strong protest from pro-life Catholics, the University of San Francisco (USF) has dropped abortion coverage from a new student health care plan. A top USF official says the Jesuit college supports the pro-life teachings of the Catholic Church and made a mistake in including abortion in the package.

Gary McDonald, the director of Communications and Public Affairs, released a statement on Friday that LifeNews.com obtained.

"A new health plan for students at the University of San Francisco included a provision for the voluntary termination of pregnancy," he said. "It was not the University's intention to offer this coverage."

"We regret this mistake, and we take full responsibility for not adequately reviewing the contract. We are grateful to those who brought this issue to our attention," he added.

McDonald also promised that, "USF supports the Catholic Church's views on the sanctity of life, at all stages, and we will remove this provision from our student health plan."

The decision to include abortion caused a controversy not only because of the school's Catholic affiliation but because full-time undergraduate students at USF are automatically enrolled in the university's plan unless they request a waiver and prove that they have other, comparable insurance.

The Catholic Key blog originally obtained USF documents about the plan that show that it was “developed especially for eligible University of San Francisco students and their eligible dependents.”

To Patrick Reilly, president of The Cardinal Newman Society, that meant the USF signed onto a specially-developed plan especially for its students instead of signing up for a generic plan that may or may not have included abortion.

As a result, Reilly says it appeared to him that USF officially specifically requested a health insurance plan that covers abortions.

“Given the importance of life issues for Catholics, it is stunning that USF’s student health program would pay for abortions,” Reilly told LifeNews.com on Thursday. “I pray that this was a mistake and not a willful action of the Catholic university, but regardless of how the abortion coverage ended up in the policy, it clearly cannot remain.”

Reilly said the Cardinal Newman Society called on USF president Father Stephen Privett to immediately move to remove abortion from the plan or find a new insurance option.

The health plan wasn't the first time the University of San Francisco has promoted abortion.

Previously, USF honored abortion advocate Gavin Newsom, the former San Francisco mayor, as a graduation speaker.

"Very often the argument we get back from these schools, take Gavin Newsom, is that he's done wonderful things. Number one, it's downplaying what these people are doing in advancing the Culture of Death. It is also ignoring the fact that there are thousands and thousands of wonderful, honorable people who could be selected as commencement speakers who would not raise these concerns," Reilly said.

CNS also highlighted pro-abortion professors at USF in a previous letter to Catholic colleges urging them to fire such staff.

ACTION: Contact USF and thank them for removing the pro-abortion health care plan at University of San Francisco, Office of the President, 2130 Fulton St., San Francisco, CA 94117, call (415) 422-6762, or email president@usfca.edu. Find more contacts at http://www.usfca.edu/president/contact.html.

6Pro-Life Corner Empty Re: Pro-Life Corner Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:55 am

http://www.lifenews.com/state3678.html

Second Video Shows Planned Parenthood Not Reporting Girl's Statutory Rape

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
December 3, 2008

Bloomington, IN (LifeNews.com) -- A second video this week features a college student going to Planned Parenthood undercover posing as a young girl who is obviously a victim of statutory rape. This new video, of a Planned Parenthood in Indiana, shows that it also failed to report the sexual abuse to authorities.

In the first video, of a Planned Parenthood in Charlotte, North Carolina, a college student tells officials she is 15 and had unprotected sex with her 30-year-old mother's live-in boyfriend. The student tells Planned Parenthood officials the boyfriend suggested she go there to obtain the morning after pill.

The pro-life group Students for Life of America filed a North Carolina Public Records Request to find out if the Planned Parenthood location had reported the crime and learned it did not.

In the second video, UCLA student journalist Lila Rose posed as a 13-year-old girl. In an appointment with a Planned Parenthood nurse at its center in Bloomington, Rose says she has been impregnated by a 31-year-old man, a clear case of child molestation under Indiana state law.

On tape, the nurse acknowledges her responsibility to report the abuse, but assures Rose she will not.

"Okay, I didn't hear the age [of the 31-year-old]. I don't want to know the age," she tells Rose.

The nurse then instructs Rose how to obtain a secret abortion by crossing state lines in order to avoid Indiana's parental consent law and she coaches Rose on how to cover for the 31-year-old man by saying he is only 14.

She urges Rose to tell the out-of-state abortion center, "You've seen him around, you know he's 14, he's in your grade and whatever. You know what I mean."

Rose said she and other students in the UCLA pro-life group Live Action recorded the video over the summer in a multi-state investigation of the abortion industry.

She told LifeNews.com that the video is "demonstrating the routine lawlessness of abortion providers at Planned Parenthood."

"Today's video release is only a sample from many hours of similarly disturbing footage," from other abortion center staff engaging in similar actions, she added. "Planned Parenthood offers no solutions for the victim of statutory rape -- they give her an abortion and a bag of condoms and send her straight back into the arms of the abuser."

Jackie Stollar, an Oregon student who accompanied Rose on the investigation told LifeNews.com that Planned Parenthood needs to be held accountable by revoking state and federal funding.

"In a repeated pattern, Planned Parenthood has violated the public trust. It should have its government funding revoked," she said. "During an economic crisis, can the government really spare $300 million to support such an unethical organization?"

Related web sites:
See the video at http://www.metacafe.com/channels/LiveActionFilms
Live Action - http://www.LiveAction
Films.org

7Pro-Life Corner Empty Re: Pro-Life Corner Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:23 am

In 1960, 1 in 16 women developed breast cancer; today it is nearly 1 in 8. There can be many factors bringing on breast cancer. Many reports in the US indicate a link between abortion and breast cancer. We must encourage women not to abort, not only for the life of the baby but also for the health of the mother.

Priests for Life
Gospel of Life Ministries

January-February 2009 Newsletter

December 30, 2008

Dear Supporters for Life!

As we enter a New Year, there's no doubt in my mind that there's one single force that can and will defeat the power of abortion in our world.

That is the Church, the Body of Christ, the fellowship of believers throughout the world united with the One who conquered death.

And that's why I'm glad you're part of the Priests for Life family. As the world's largest pro-life organization, we continue to focus on activating and mobilizing the Church, starting with the clergy, so that the Lord's promise, "the gates of hell will not prevail against the Church," will continue to be evident to all.

Below you'll find our January-February newsletter. Along with reading it yourself, would you be so kind as to bring it to the attention of your pastor?

Looking ahead, there are important events in January with the annual commemoration of Roe vs. Wade.

I'll be in Washington, of course, for the March for Life, and you can find details of my schedule at www.priestsforlife.org.

In particular, I urge you to join me for morning prayer with people of all denominations on the 22nd, and then at the conclusion of the march, join me in giving prayerful support to the women and men of the Silent No More Awareness Campaign who will stand in front of the US Supreme Court and give testimony to the pain and healing that followed their abortion experiences. (If you've lost a child by abortion, or want to help someone who has, please visit www.SilentNoMoreAwareness.org to join the campaign.)

On the 24th, join me for the West Coast Walk for Life to take place in San Francisco. I'll address the gathering at the conclusion of the Walk.

Let me also provide you with the upcoming schedules for our own TV shows and Radio programming:

The Priests and Pastoral Associates of Priests for Life are on 1360 AM, WWOW (Walking on Water Radio), Conneaut, OH from 8:10-8:20am every Thursday on the Pro-Life Thursday Catholic Morning Show. Listen live and find archived shows at http://home.1360wwow.com.

Hear us on EWTN radio on Catholic Connection with Teresa Tomeo. Fr. Frank Pavone is her guest every Wednesday at 9:30am ET and Janet Morana is her guest every Friday at 9:10am ET. For radio station information and to listen to the live show on the internet, go to www.avemariaradio.net.

Defending Life: Watch on EWTN every Friday at 10pm ET and Saturday at 2:30am ET. Listen on EWTN radio every Friday at 1am ET, Saturday at 6:30pm ET and Sunday at 5am ET. For more information or to listen online go to www.ewtn.com.

January 2-4: Spirituality of Being Pro-Life, Part 2. Involvement in the pro-life movement is shaped by particular virtues and characteristics. Fr. Frank describes this spirituality, in which he has trained thousands of priests, deacons, seminarians, and lay activists over the years and around the world.

Gospel of Life: The shows air on "Angel Two" Channel 102 on Sky Angel IPTV and channel 266 on Dish Network every Friday at 8:30am and Sunday at 9am. It also airs on Catholic Familyland (www.familyland.tv) - Sunday at 1am, Monday at 9am, Wednesday at 3:30am and Thursday at 11:30 pm. (All Times Eastern). Listen to Gospel of Life episodes online at www.gospeloflife.com.

Week of December 28: Theology Becomes Biography

Please tune in and spread the word! In fact, you can help us - and your whole parish - by asking your pastor to place in the parish bulletin an announcement about our TV shows. Thanks in advance!

Blessings and prayers,

Fr. Frank Pavone

National Director, Priests for Life

Fr. Denis Wilde, OSA recently traveled to Kansas. One of his stops was at a grade school where the children took great delight in watching a video of a baby in the womb.

Please, remember to support our work

Find our newsletters online

Visit PriestsforLife.org

Priests For Life
PO Box 141172
Staten Island, NY 10314

Phone: 888-PFL-3448
718-980-4400
Fax: 718-980-6515
Email: mail@priestsforlife.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Praise for Our Work
Dear Fr. Frank, I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for all you do for unborn child and their mothers. You are truly a source of great inspiration to all of us "in the trenches". I want to especially thank you for the Silent No More Awareness campaign. As one of the Regional Coordinators, I know that if not for your willingness to be involved in this ministry, women like myself might never feel worthy enough to come forward and speak about their experience. I truly believe that this is a powerful way to really make a difference in the Pro-Life movement. -- Edith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this Issue:

Help Women and Men be Silent No More!
Prayer Intentions
The Church and the Democrats
Rachel’s Vineyard on the Road: Post Abortion Training Days held at Dioceses across the U.S.
Featured Products

Help Women and Men be Silent No More!

Janet A. Morana
Co-Founder, Silent No More Awareness Campaign

As you may know, Priests for Life, in conjunction with Anglicans for Life, coordinates the largest mobilization in history of women and men who have lost children to abortion. It is the Silent No More Awareness Campaign. It is first of all a clearinghouse for healing resources. Anyone who needs healing, or needs to refer others to it, can go to www.SilentNoMoreAwareness.org to find the help they need, no matter what their religious background may be.

Then, for those who have experienced healing and feel so inclined, we help them share the testimony of their pain and healing. "I Regret My Abortion" and "I Regret Lost Fatherhood" are the signs the mothers and fathers, respectively, hold as they stand in public gatherings, the premier one being the annual March for Life in Washington DC on January 22.

Throughout Church history, in Scripture, in the lives of saints and prophets, personal testimony to the power of God's grace has been an integral aspect of the spread of the Gospel. Jesus himself, after all, is the one who gives testimony to what he has seen and heard from the Father.

You can help us gain ground in the fight against abortion by helping us identify those post-abortive moms and dads who are willing to stand before others and show, by personal experience, how abortion hurt them and how Christ healed them.

Help us gather a thousand such people in Washington, DC this year for the March for Life. Even if one is not going to speak publicly about his/her testimony, it is fine just to be there and carry the sign, "I Regret My Abortion," or "I Regret Lost Fatherhood."

To sign up, visit www.SilentNoMoreAwareness.org.

Come with us and make history!

Join Priests for Life in Washington, DC! Join Fr. Frank on January 22 as he preaches at the morning prayer service in the US Senate. After the March for Life, join us at the Supreme Court for the Silent No More Awareness Campaign. More details at www.priestsforlife.org.

Prayer Intentions
You are encouraged to remember the following intentions as you pray the Liturgy of the Hours:

January intention: That the faithful more deeply study the words and actions of Christ, to know how to care for the least of our brothers and sisters.

February intention: That God may bless and strengthen the pro-life efforts of college students.

The Church and the Democrats
"At this point, the Democratic Party risks transforming itself definitively into a "party of death" due to its choices on bioethical issues, as Ramesh Ponnuru wrote in his book "The Party of Death: The Democrats, the Media, the Courts and the Disregard for Human Life."

"And I say this with a heavy heart, because we all know that the Democrats were the party that helped our Catholic immigrant parents and grandparents to better integrate into and prosper in American society. But it's not the same anymore...Nonetheless, there are among Democrats some pro-lifers, but they are, unfortunately, rare." - Archbishop Raymond Burke, Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura, Interview with Zenit News, Rome, October 2, 2008

"My plea with Democratic leaders is always that they make space for pro-life politicians, and I have many pro-life Democrats come to me and say that they are not making space for them. I think that that is a very serious problem, particularly in a state like Massachusetts, where it is so heavily Democratic." - Cardinal Sean O'Malley, Archbishop of Boston, Catholic News Service, November 19, 2007

Promote Healing After Abortion: www.RachelsVineyard.org, 877-HOPE-4-ME, A Ministry of Priests for Life.

Rachel’s Vineyard on the Road: Post Abortion Training Days held at Dioceses across the U.S.

The last few months have been a busy but fruitful time for Pastoral Associates Kevin and Theresa Burke, founders of Rachel's Vineyard (a ministry of Priests for Life) and leaders in post abortion education. They offered training for dioceses in Pennsylvania, Florida, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Wisconsin, Virginia, North Dakota, and Michigan addressing nearly 1000 counselors, clergy, health care professionals, RV volunteers and interested lay people.

Presentations included "Sharing the Heart of Christ," "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder," "How Emotional Trauma Impacts the Brain," and other presentations including how men deal with abortion loss, the impact of abortion on relationships and families, and how clergy, clinicians, nurses can best attend to those in their care dealing with the aftermath of abortion.

The Clinical conferences and Rachel's Vineyard Regional Team Trainings were well received. To quote Sue Williams of the Office of Family Life in Norwich, CT, "all the feedback received thus far has been overwhelmingly positive for the insightfulness of the information on such an important ministry." The word "excellent" can be found on virtually every comment card, along with praises like "Very compelling...very eye-opening"; "a powerful, training and spiritual experience."

Another key element for the consistent success of these training days is revealed as one attendee expressed in "the ability of the Burkes to take technical psychological information and present the material in a very understandable format." Everyone from the local clinical psychologist to the eager volunteer can walk away from a Clinical Training with the Burkes feeling informed and armed with knowledge to help spread the healing message of Rachel's Vineyard.

Michael Petrides of Connecticut shared:

"Theresa and Kevin Burke understand that the abortion healing that they champion is necessary for our societal transformation and survival. The emotional wounds of fathers, mothers, siblings, grandparents, cousins, and friends are too deep.... The Burkes integrate therapeutic clinical and pastoral information and answers in a truly sensitive, compassionate model."

Kevin and Theresa bring their passion for healing with them everywhere they go, spreading deep roots for a vineyard that will continue the mission to heal the pain of abortion - one weekend at a time.

If you are interested in having the Burkes present in your community please contact:

Kathryn Boyle, speakers@rachelsvineyard.org, 610-354-0555.

Featured Products

You can order at our online store at www.priestsforlife.org/store! Or order from: Priests for Life, P.O. Box 141172, Staten Island, NY 10314; Or fax it to (718) 980-3900; Or Email: orders@priestsforlife.org.
Last Chance! - 2009 Priests for Life Wall Calendar

Share in the joy of the work of Priests for Life with this monthly reminder.
#2104 - $10.00

January Respect Life Month Half Price Specials!

Study Guide on Humanae Vitae (Of Human Life)

This study guide, written by the Priests and Pastoral Associates of Priests for Life, contains the text of the Encyclical itself along with commentary and study questions.
#2115 - $5.00

The Contraception of Grief: Genesis of Anguish Conceived by Abortifacients and Sterilization

This book exposes the pain that so many women endure when they realize that the contraceptives they used caused the deaths of their children.
#1776 - $5.00

9Pro-Life Corner Empty Re: Pro-Life Corner Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:56 am

What hypocrisy it is to rejoice over the first baby born in the New Year in our community and not to mourn over the death of the first baby aborted in the New Year, the first of the estimated 1.2 million babies who will die as a result of surgical abortion this year...

Pray, Fast, Pray... highprayer highprayer highprayer

10Pro-Life Corner Empty Re: Pro-Life Corner Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Admin

New Pro-Life Movie 22 Weeks, Based on Botched Abortion, Premiers Soon
by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
January 15, 2009

( http://www.22weeksthemovie.com/ )

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A new pro-life movie about a baby born alive after a failed abortion is set to premier in conjunction with the March for Life next week. The flim 22 Weeks tells the true story of a baby aborted alive in an Orlando abortion center in 2005.

A woman named Angele sued an Orlando abortion business in April 2005 for allowing a newborn child to die after she gave birth to the child.

Angele alleged the abortion facility refused to call emergency personnel and that staff at the abortion facility refused to help Angele or her baby, born on the second day of a two-day abortion procedure.

They also charged that Harry Perper, the abortion practitioner who began the abortion process, and James Pendergraft, the abortion business owner, violated state law.

The public is invited to attend a free screening of the 30-minute film in Washington, D.C. on January 21, the evening before the March for Life. The flick will be shown at the Union Station Phoenix Theatre and the showtimes are at 5:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.

After each screening the director of 22 Weeks and the mother portrayed in the film will be available for questions.

The film is the first post-election endeavor of BornAliveTruth.org, a group established during the 2008 campaign to expose Barack Obama's votes against an Illinois bill to protect babies who survive botched abortions.

The group describes the film this way: "22 Weeks tells the true story of a young woman locked in the bathroom of an abortion clinic after her aborted baby was born alive."

"It's a film about decisions and the echoes they leave behind. The film includes the reenactment of an actual 911 call," it said. "22 Weeks confronts the outer reaches of one of the most controversial subjects of our time."

Alejandro Monteverde, director of the movie Bella, called 22 Weeks "one of the most disturbing stories I've ever come across."

The movie will also be screened in Orlando, Florida and Wichita, Kansas and the second location is sponsored by Operation Rescue.

To make your reservation to see the film, Or order DVD http://www.22weeksthemovie.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum