Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fr. Allard is very ill *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs*

+3
jed
Easter-won
Our-Lady-Of-Victory
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Easter-won

Easter-won

O my Jesus, You have said: "Truly I say to you, ask and it will be given you;seek and you will find, knock and it will be open to you." Behold, I knock, I seek,and I ask for the grace of strengh for Fr Allard
(Prayer of Saint Pio of Pietrelcina.)

Our father.........,Hail Mary........., glory be to the father.........AMEN

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

highprayer highprayer highprayer

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

Easter-won

Easter-won

UPDATE 9/27/09

Yesterday (Sun Sept 27/09), Fr. Allard concelebrated the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass successfully with the chaplain presiding.

This now marks 20 times that Father Allard has both presided privately and concelebrated the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass consecutively, –without interruption in his schedule, since August 30th .

There are many obstacles which I’m not really at liberty to explain. I could tell you that Father is weak enough that they won’t get him up for an entire day now … either they get him up and into his chair for the morning in order to concelebrate Mass, then back to bed for the afternoon, or, he remains in bed for the morning and is gotten up in the afternoon (which has become the “new” time for his presiding privately at Mass – previously he had done this in the morning). So we might say that the window of opportunity has shrunken a bit but it still opens easily enough if one goes to the window at the required time.

He is physically weaker than before that most recent pneumonia hit, but has definitely gained some ground in the morale department. Yesterday I was also blessed enough to have him hear my confession. God is good … so are all our prayers.

Thanks all on behalf of Father Allard and God bless you.

…More later .

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now ,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

Easter-won

Easter-won

Prayers continue.

5 Our Father...........
5 Hail Mary.............
5 Glory Be...............Amen

O Sacred Heart of Jesus has Mercy on us. AMEN

highprayer highprayer highprayer highprayer highprayer

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Thank you so much for praying for Fr. Allard and NBM his chaplain assistant. Many miracles are happening in his soul. He is still concelebrating (daily) the holy sacrifice of the Mass. He's baffled the doctors and all who said, ''you can't do it.'' The doctors are slowing him down and not allowing him to get out of bed, which is further weakening his body.. But Fr. Allard is very devoted to the holy Virgin Mary and to the priesthood: victim soul and priest. He is a holy inspiration. All glory and honor to You Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 2wd8493

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

Easter-won

Easter-won

Prayers continue.

5 Our Father...........
5 Hail Mary.............
5 Glory Be...............Amen

O Sacred Heart of Jesus has Mercy on us. AMEN highprayer highprayer highprayer highprayer highprayer

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Holy Rosary prayed. Always praying for him. Thank you so much for praying for this holy priest. Holy Virgin Mary please remain with him. Sending my guardian angel to Padre Allard. Amen. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Father of Truth

(The Last Prayer of Saint Charbel before he died)

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 8vu1hu

Father of truth,

Here is your Son,

The sacrifice in which you are well pleased.

Accept him for he died for me.

So through him I shall be pardoned.

Here is the offering.

Take it from my hands

And so I shall be reconciled with you.

Remember not the sins that I have committed

In front of your Majesty.

Here is the blood which flowered on Golgotha

For my salvation and prays for me.

Out of consideration for this,

Accept my supplication.

I have committed many sins

But your mercy is great.

If you put them in the balance,

Your goodness will have more weight

Than the most mighty mountains.

Look not upon my sins,

But rather on what is offered for them,

For the offering and the sacrifice

Are even greater than the offences.

Because I have sinned,

Your beloved bore the nails and the spear.

His sufferings are enough to satisfy you.

By them I shall live.

Glory be to the Father who sent His Son for us.

Adoration be to the Son who has freed us and ensured our salvation.

Blessed be he who by his love has given life to all.

To him be the glory.

from the Maronite Liturgy.

Last edited by Our-Lady-Of-Victory on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Dear Fr. Allard. I will not forget you. You were remembered and offered at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass -- the Maronite Mass. hug3 heart hug3

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 Images13
Hail Mary said.
God bless.

Easter-won

Easter-won

Our father.........
Hail Mary..........
Glory Be...........Amen

praying highprayer highprayer highprayer signofcross

Easter-won

Easter-won

prayers said for Fr. Allard.

Our father.........
Hail Mary..........
Glory Be...........Amen

praying highprayer signofcross

jed

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 Images16
Hail Mary said.
God bless.

Admin

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 984mdu
Eternal Father I offer you Fr. Allard in union with Jesus in the holy sacrifice of the Mass. Grant him peace. God bless you..

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

UPDATE from NeedBlestMother

Dear fellow members:

Father Allard suffered another sstback earlier this week.

It has kept him bedridden and on oxygen and consequently he was unable to concelebrate with the chaplain Tuesday and Thursday or preside privately Friday.

Yesterday (Saturday Oct 24) they got him out of bed in the afternoon and placed him in his chair but he was confined to his room in order to remain on oxygen [an oxygen machine - not an oxygen tank] ).

We decided to have him try presiding privately in his room yesterday (no candle though - due to the oxygen).

Success was limited. He has a lot of problems with his speech presently and the noise of the oxygen machine didn't help make things any clearer. But by far the greatest hindrance was concerning his ability to consume the Sacred Species. His capacity for swallowing is already restricted, but is much more pronounced when he has these setbacks (ie severe coughing when attempting to swallow, particularly liquids).

This is really the first time since August 30, 2009 that he has had severe difficulty consuming the Sacred Species. Previously to August 30th, it was a more than periodic occurrence (so the prayers are helping greatly!) .

This swallowing difficulty (dysphagia - causes aspiration which can cause repetetive pneumonia [color=darkblue]e.medscape.com/article/324096-overview ) ends up being the critical point around which the other points revolve when one must consider Fr. Allard's ability to celebrate the Holy Sacrifice ( as presider).

As mentioned earlier, we've (Father Allard and I) continued to ask for almost 9 years, that Fr. Allard would be able to continue celebrating the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass until called home.

This morning (Sunday), if the staff feel he can do w/o the oxygen for an hour or so, Father Allard should be able to concelebrate with the chaplain in the auditorium.

Thanks for your prayers everyone grouphug

God bless you. Very Happy

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now,

AMEN

Easter-won

Easter-won

Prayers said for Fr. Allard.
Hail Mary.......................Amen

praying highprayer highprayer highprayer signofcross

jed

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 Images20
Hail Mary said.
God bless.

jed

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 Images23
Hail Mary said.
God bless.

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Father Allard suffers... Sad ..He said, "I welcome your prayers."

Hail Mary prayed.
God bless you and have a holy weekend praying in unity with the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Stay warm sunny

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 21b9i5g

BRIEF UPDATE FROM NEEDBLESTMOTHER

Father Allard successfully concelebrated last Sunday's Mass with the chaplain (who was pleasantly surprised to see him...[didn't expect it owing to the gravity of his condition]).

He concelebrated again on Tuesday,and missed concelebrating Thursday. Yesterday (Friday Oct 30th) he was able to preside; with some added difficulty however. The notable thing about his presiding yesterday, was that he didn't experience any difficulty while consuming the Sacred Species.

He has lost some ground physically but is proving to be quite a battler... I think the best word here is "determined".

Today we're hoping he is able to preside again.

There are some potential roadblocks ahead. I've already heard rumors of possible cancellation of the Sunday Mass for a month to limit congregating (in fear of the H1N1). At the Institute, unfortunately, sometimes during flu season , or if there is increased incidence of gastroenteritis a particular ward, floor, can be quarantined for weeks. One year - on several occasions Communion could not be brought to the sick (you guessed it - the Institute has become quite secular).

So we're best to not look too far ahead and try to take it one day at a time [Matthew 6:34].

Today, we're hoping he is able to preside.

Our prayers are helping him battle on.From my vantage point, it's plain to see. Thanks everyone , and God bless you.

The Lord is with thee.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now,

AMEN

Easter-won

Easter-won

prayers continue for Fr Allard.

The Lord is with thee.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now,

AMEN

signofcross highprayer highprayer highprayer signofcross

91Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 Empty Nov 3, 2009 Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

I am moved to tears. Fr. Allard's love for God is being tried by fire through the injustice of diabolical activity. His testimony reminds me of how the holy martyrs of the past were willing to be burnt alive; likewise, Fr. Allard similarly suffers by the Hand of Injustice. Fr. Allard testifies to Christ crucified: Messiah. Savior. Redeemer of mankind.

Most of us may not be able to imagine the atrocious pain he suffers, and his inscrutable desire to leave this earth. He is learning to resign and persevere in hope to the holy will of God, strengthened by Jesus, to enter the great paschal mystery with Him in redemptive suffering. Clearly Fr. Allard is on the way to Calvary.. Glory to you O Lord. Your mercy and love sustains Fr. Allard. We thank You for the good you are doing in His soul and for us.

Fr. Allard wants to please God. He does not want to give up his sarcedotal ministry. Receiving our Lord in the most holy Eucharist is sustaining him. He welcomes our prayers.

All glory and honor to You Lord God Almighty.
St. Michael the Archangel defend him.
St. Padre Pio, St. Joseph, St. Charbel, Blessed Mother and Daddy, please pray for Fr. Allard.
May the Virgin Mary turn all his sorrows into joy. Amen.

92Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 Empty November 4, 2009 Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:37 am

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 280untl

Fr. Allard looked at NeedBlestMother in the eye and said, "Je souffre" ("I'm suffering")

signofcross Blessing Fr. Allard and NeedBlestMother with holy water: In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. signofcross

Praying the rosary for Fr. Allard and NBM Arrow http://www.comepraytherosary.org/

jed

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 Images27
Hail Mary said.
God bless.

94Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 Empty Update *11-09-09* Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:24 am

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Message to Cyndi from NeedBlestMother 11-8-09 :

I only provide updates to help our members know what they’re praying for, to help them feel a little "closer" - makes the prayers come more from the heart.

Yesterday when I brought Fr. Allard Holy Communion, I reminded him of the people who he doesn't even know (yup... the thread you started) that are praying for him, and I added, "Father, they're saying in their messages now that they are sending you their love too!"

You know we haven't been able to hear too much of a voice coming out of him the last couple of weeks but as soon as I told him "they're sending their love too" he blurted out loudly, "God bless them!" ... as if he wanted to make sure God heard him. So consider yourself blessed by Father Georges-Étienne Allard, OSM .

---
Fr. Allard is always in my heart and prayers. Hail Mary prayed. Praying the rosary for all and his intentions here : Click on come pray the rosary.

Arrow Come Pray The Rosary

May the Virgin Mary turn all your sorrows into joy.
St. Padre Pio (and me)

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

It's the 3: 00 hour. I'm praying the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy for Fr. Allard. Divine Mercy videos in the Portal of Our Lady for Life. God bless you.

Easter-won

Easter-won

Prayer said for Fr Allard.
Our Father........
Hail Mary...........
Glory Be............Amen

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 984mdu

Most Holy Rosary prayers continue and continue today for Fr. Allard.

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

“Remain in peace, O holy altar of God, I hope to return to you in peace. May the offering I have received from you forgive my sins and prepare me to stand blameless before the throne of Christ. I know not whether I will be able to return to you again to offer sacrifice. Guard me, O Lord, and protect your holy Church, that she may be the way to salvation and the light of the world. Amen.” (Anaphora of the 12 Apostles)

99Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 Empty Update Nov 12, 2009 Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

11-12-09 BRIEF UPDATE from NeedBlestMother

On Sunday Nov. 7, Father Allard might have had just enough to concelebrate but they didn't have him up and in his chair Sunday morning as they would usually do for the Mass, since the official Masses at the Institute are temporarily canceled. "Getting people up" means washing them and preparing them too – takes some time.

Consequently, the Chaplain couldn't wait until Fr. Allard was gotten up to celebrate his Sunday Mass [in the sacristy]. (We are still presently permitted to visit the wards and bring the patients Holy Communion [ an all day job when Masses are cancelled...] \). This leaves us currently in "wait and see" mode as to if and when Fr. Allard will concelebrate/preside.

I did bring him Holy Communion Sunday, and near the end of the day, had time to come back and spend 40 minutes or so with him. When I left him, he was laughing- sporting a grin from ear to ear. That in itself was a victory, because it had been more than 4 weeks since I last saw him laugh.

I have a couple of pics taken last Sunday - will post the rest later.

*BTW last Saturday, Nov. 6, I told Father Allard, "Father the people who we are linked with us through the internet aren't only praying for you, now, they say they send you their love too.”(Understand here he hasn't had really any semblance of an audible voice for the last 2 weeks ) Father Allard blurted out loudly in reply, “God bless them!” So each and every one praying for him, please consider yourself blessed by Father Allard.

Little Fact : Father Allard, OSM was ordained to the priesthood in 1952

Here's a pic of the chapel where Father Allard presides privately and/or concelebrates with the Chaplain. Sundays the Mass is celebrated in the auditorium which is easily 20 times larger than the chapel. There are several benches w/kneelers available behind where I'm taking the pic from, but as 98% of the residents (who are not permanently bedridden) are wheelchair bound, this particular chapel is all about floor space.

…have to run to Mass now

Thanks for your prayers everyone ... more pics later

Hail, Mary full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amonst women,
pray for us sinners now

AMEN

Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 Hvxx00

Praying the Rosary with OLFL members at Come Pray the Rosary

100Fr. Allard is very ill  *Fr. Allard is in Heaven to receive His eternal reward + eternal hugs* - Page 2 Empty Newest update Friday night 11-13-09 Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Our-Lady-Of-Victory

Our-Lady-Of-Victory
Admin

11-13-09 BRIEF update from NeedBlestMother

biggrin

We received a little miracle today:

Father Allard successfully presided privately and celebrated the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Degree of difficulty was about a 9.2 out of 10 , but he succeeded just the same.

He's a lot weaker now, and for the last 3 weeks the voice is pretty well non existent. That lack of voice was the most inhibiting factor. Father Allard seemed undecided as to whether he should attempt to celebrate. When I asked what could hold him back, he said (half-whispered/half almost lip-synched), "I have no voice".

I assured him that cognitively he appeared OK and then confirmed for him that the Church only forbids a priest saying the Mass internally; not at an extremely low volume- particularly in private. He struggles more when reading texts now even though I always provide enlarged photocopies (to about the size of print in the Sacramentary) for him.

...A little reminder that we did have help from Heaven is that though he paced himself, Father Allard had no difficulty consuming the Sacred Species.

Looks like all that prayer (and praying hard wink) paid off.

At the end of the Mass I said to our Blessed Lord silently, "Thank-you for this...I don't know how many if any are left, but than-you for this one sweet Jesus."

I'll be seeing him tomorrow morning (Saturday Nov 14th).

Thanks for the prayers everyone and God bless you. grouphug

Hail, Mary full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amonst women,
pray for us sinners now

AMEN

Inspiring story of God's love. We fought very hard to protect my dad's dignity on his deathbed similarly to these testimonies. He was worth it. God bless you Fr. Allard. I love you. I didn't forget me. I won't forget you.. rose

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum