Our Lady For Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our aim is to conform our beliefs to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 2ih01sx

You are not connected. Please login or register

Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory

+5
ForHimthruHer
Admin
Our-Lady-Of-Victory
jed
Easter-won
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

201Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:35 am

Easter-won

Easter-won

ETERNAL FATHER, I OFFER THEE THE MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD OF THY DIVINE SON,JESUS,IN UNION WITH THE MASSES SAID
THROUGHOUT THE WORLD TODAY, FOR ALL THE HOLY SOULS IN PURGATORY, FOR SINNERS EVERYWHERE, FOR SINNERS IN THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH, THOSE IN MY OWN HOME AND WITHIN MY FAMILY. AMEN
O my sweet Jesus I trust in you.
Holy Mother Mary pray for us

ST Gertrude The Great Pray for Us

202Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:14 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

ETERNAL FATHER, I OFFER THEE THE MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD OF THY DIVINE SON,JESUS,IN UNION WITH THE MASSES SAID
THROUGHOUT THE WORLD TODAY, FOR ALL THE HOLY SOULS IN PURGATORY, FOR SINNERS EVERYWHERE, FOR SINNERS IN THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH, THOSE IN MY OWN HOME AND WITHIN MY FAMILY. AMEN

203Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

204Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Easter-won

Easter-won

205Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:29 pm

jed

206Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:30 pm

jed

207Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:00 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

208Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Tue May 04, 2010 1:10 pm

jed

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

209Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Tue May 04, 2010 1:11 pm

jed

210Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Tue May 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

Easter-won wrote:Our Lord Jesus told St. Gertrude the great that the following prayer would release 1,000 souls from Purgatory each time it is said.
And Our Lady said " christmas is the day of the year when most souls are delivered.
Let storming the heaven gate with this pray so many,many souls will be released.

211Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Wed May 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Easter-won

Easter-won

212Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Thu May 13, 2010 3:58 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

Easter-won wrote:Our Lord Jesus told St. Gertrude the great that the following prayer would release 1,000 souls from Purgatory each time it is said.
And Our Lady said " christmas is the day of the year when most souls are delivered.
Let storming the heaven gate with this pray so many,many souls will be released.

213Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Fri May 14, 2010 10:53 am

Cyndi

“Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. For sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Jesus I love you. Amen.”

“Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. For sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Jesus I love you. Amen.”

214Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Sun May 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

215Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Mon May 17, 2010 8:47 am

Cyndi

216Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Mon May 17, 2010 12:21 pm

jed

217Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Tue May 18, 2010 11:19 am

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

218Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Sat May 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

219Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Mon May 24, 2010 3:17 pm

jed

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

220Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Mon May 24, 2010 3:17 pm

jed

Amen.

221Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Mon May 24, 2010 3:38 pm

jed

Amen.

222Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Mon May 24, 2010 3:38 pm

jed

Amen.

223Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Tue May 25, 2010 1:16 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

224Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Wed May 26, 2010 12:15 pm

jed

Amen.

225Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Thu May 27, 2010 11:36 am

jed

Amen.

226Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Thu May 27, 2010 11:36 am

jed

Amen.

227Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Thu May 27, 2010 4:56 pm

trust in him

228Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Mon May 31, 2010 1:05 pm

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

Amen.

229Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Ancient Forgotten Prayers Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:39 am

Cyndi

Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 O9p9ae

230Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:18 am

trust in him

231Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:12 am

Easter-won

Easter-won

232Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:35 am

Easter-won

Easter-won

233Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:17 am

Easter-won

Easter-won

234Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Easter-won

Easter-won

235Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:39 pm

jed

ETERNAL FATHER, I OFFER THEE THE MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD OF THY DIVINE SON, JESUS,IN UNION WITH THE MASSES SAID

ST Gertrude The Great Pray for Us.

236Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:51 pm

jed

Amen

237Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Easter-won

Easter-won

238Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:33 am

jed

Amen

239Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:08 pm

Easter-won

Easter-won

240Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:15 pm

jed

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

241Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:23 pm

jed

Devotion to the Souls in Purgatory

Devotion to souls in Purgatory originated in the early Church, based on the dogma of the Communion of Saints. Although these souls cannot gain merit, they are in friendship with God, Who willingly applies merits offered for them.
Therefore it is an act of charity to pray, offer Masses, sacrifices and indulgences for them.
This devotion was ingrained so deeply in the faithful that even Luther dared not abolish it. He understood the importance of proceeding towards his insidious goals with caution.
Supported by Scripture and Tradition, the Church defined the dogma of the Communion of Saints, which encourages devotion to the holy souls. This devotion not only encourages the practice of charity but also enlivens faith and consoles those who have lost loved ones.

242Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:40 pm

jed

The Powerful Intercession of the Souls in Purgatory

Besides being a spiritual work of mercy and a powerful reminder of the afterlife, devotion to souls in Purgatory also affords us invaluable intercession as demonstrated by Church Tradition.
According to the dogma of the Communion of Saints, they form a part of the Church (called the Church Suffering) and are therefore united to us, and can intercede for us.
Examples of this abound in Church History and many readers have undoubtedly experienced such intercession. We will relate a few examples below.
The Countess of Stratford, an English protestant, having doubts about the existence of Purgatory, consulted the Bishop of Amiens, France. Hearing her objection, he answered, "Tell the Bishop of London (an Anglican) that I will leave the Faith and become an Anglican if he can prove that Saint Augustine never celebrated Mass or prayed for the dead, especially his mother."
Following his advice, the Countess wrote the Anglican bishop of London. Seeing that he did not respond, she converted.
At a certain point during her reform of the Carmelites, Saint Teresa was in need of a convent. A noble named Bernadine of Toledo responded to her need and donated a place for the convent. He died shortly afterwards. Saint Theresa received the revelation that he would remain in Purgatory until the first Mass was celebrated in the convent he had donated. She thus hastened to establish its foundation. During communion of this first Mass, she saw his soul radiant with splendor at the side of the priest. Thanks to that Mass which had been said for him, he was freed from Purgatory.
Whenever Saint Catherine of Bologna's prayers seemed unanswered, she would call upon the intercession of the souls in Purgatory. She affirmed that these prayers were always answered.

243Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:41 pm

jed

A Moving Example

The cases of intercession of the souls in Purgatory are so numerous that several books would not be enough to relate them all.
The following one, which is among the best known and most moving, happened in Paris in 1817.
A domestic servant, who had the pious habit of having a Mass said every month for the souls in Purgatory, became ill and having to be hospitalized, lost her job.
Upon leaving the hospital, she went to a church to pray, where she remembered that she had failed to have Mass said for the poor souls that month. However due to her unemployment, she could not afford a Mass offering since it would leave her penniless. After hesitating, she gave the offering.
Leaving the church, she met a young man who seemed to be a noble. He unexpectedly asked her if she needed employment and gave her the address of a house, which needed a maid.
When she arrived at the house, the owner, who had just dismissed her maid, wondered who could have known that she needed help. While describing the young man at the Church, the servant saw a painting of him on the wall.
Hearing this, the owner exclaimed, "That is my son, who died two months ago!"
Then both realized that God wanted to reward the maid's charity and reveal the power of a suffering soul's intercession.

*Taken from “Life After Death” by Luis and Gustavo Solimeo.

244Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:42 pm

jed

ETERNAL FATHER, I OFFER THEE THE MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD OF THY DIVINE SON, JESUS,IN UNION WITH THE MASSES SAID

245Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:55 pm

jed

Amen

246Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:55 pm

jed

Amen

247Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:56 pm

jed

Amen

248Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:56 pm

jed

Amen

249Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:26 am

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac

Dr. Tarek E. Chidiac
Admin

250Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory - Page 5 Empty Re: Praying For The Holy Souls In Purgatory Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:57 am

jed

Amen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum